What did you do to your Type R today?

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey all, I am not sure if the following cosmetic mods will be long term... I don't want to take away from the Red Badge heritage... but I had some x-mas money burning in my pocket and I have not seen any CTR's with JDM Blue Emblems or blue skirt striping. It was relatively easy to do an an hour or two. A heat gun and patience are necessary to not break the original Red badges when you take them off. The hardest part was removing the left over 3M goop with goo gone from the original red emblem.

blue 1.jpg

blue 2.jpg

blue 3.JPG

blue 4.JPG

blue 5.jpg

blue 6.jpg

blue 7.jpg

blue 0.PNG
Love your Indycar plates!

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Looks awesome good job! I hate to be that guy and bust your balls.. but isn't the "Type R" part you painted on crooked? Or is it just me? The right hand side looks slanted down.
Lol yep. It’s a wee bit slanted. I noticed it the second I removed the stencil! Goofy me was trying to get the bottom of the T at 1.5 bars and the bottom of the R at .5 bar. Should’ve just focused my attention at keeping the TYPE at 1.5 bars.:doh: I seriously contemplated trying to remove it and paint it again but pretty sure I would really mess it up. Yeah, it’s a wee bit slanted, but I’m really happy with how it turned out! When you’re standing there looking at it on the car, it’s not noticeable. Lol it’s when you take direct pics of the IC when you can notice it!

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol yep. It’s a wee bit slanted. I noticed it the second I removed the stencil! Goofy me was trying to get the bottom of the T at 1.5 bars and the bottom of the R at .5 bar. Should’ve just focused my attention at keeping the TYPE at 1.5 bars.:doh: I seriously contemplated trying to remove it and paint it again but pretty sure I would really mess it up. Yeah, it’s a wee bit slanted, but I’m really happy with how it turned out! When you’re standing there looking at it on the car, it’s not noticeable. Lol it’s when you take direct pics of the IC when you can notice it!
LOL Nick!!! Fine job, buddy

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
the car go its first hand wash today then after some driving I had to wipe all the tire shine off the side of the car.. mud flaps are definitely needed asap.

also swapped out the awful orange side markers

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_2390

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Ughhh I hate when I do that, get too caught up doing it that I don't pay attention to the details.

It looks good though! Leave it as is, pretty sure you'll mess it up trying to fix it. You gave me the thought of doing this to mine now lol. :stirthepot:

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Ughhh I hate when I do that, get too caught up doing it that I don't pay attention to the details.

It looks good though! Leave it as is, pretty sure you'll mess it up trying to fix it. You gave me the thought of doing this to mine now lol. :stirthepot:
Lol I thin for me, I was overthinking it waaaaay too much!

Go for it! Seriously not hard at all!

2017_TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #5436
Country flag
Finally got around to painting the custom stencil. Came out pretty good. Cant wait for the install!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? thumbnail_IMG_3212

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Installed my CE28Ns (18x9.5 +42) w/Conti EC DWS06 255/40 and got an alignment. Car has Spoon springs and Eibach adj rear camber arms. Front pins removed. Note that front camber evens out at -1.8 both sides with me in the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? kQCBMVWl

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? UOsdE8il