Not open for further replies.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes they look great. how about the vision?
They'll be terrible. It'll look good from the drivers seat but thats bc they put off so much foreground light. They will have no distance and will wash out in the rain. They work good as fog lights but not low beams. Look at this picture, the halogen has a direct beam while the LED is a giant square, this is because the LED beam gets scattered, thats what gives it such a bright look at close distances, but a light pattern like that can never get good distance.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! LED VS HALOGEN

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
They'll be terrible. It'll look good from the drivers seat but thats bc they put off so much foreground light. They will have no distance and will wash out in the rain. They work good as fog lights but not low beams. Look at this picture, the halogen has a direct beam while the LED is a giant square, this is because the LED beam gets scattered, thats what gives it such a bright look at close distances, but a light pattern like that can never get good distance.

LED VS HALOGEN.jpg
100% agree with this statement, nothing compares to a good HID kit. I upload a few months ago that comparo picture, I ended swapping those LEDS for HID, what a difference!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I added the OEM sport pedals and they really finish off the interior of the sedan and match my stainless steel door sills. Overall the installation is easy if you follow the direction available online (http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2017/5dr/sportpedals.pdf).
But, there are a few things to keep in mind...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_20170531_100127

First of all you need the right tools. You'll need a drill, a pop rivet gun and some masking tape. If you don't feel comfortable drilling into your gas pedal or don't own a pop rivet gun, have a dealer install them. Also, the hole size you need to drill is an odd size (3.5mm) so like I did you'll probably need to buy one online. Some people have removed the gas pedal assembly to do the work, I just installed it in the car.

Mini DIY:

The brake pedal is easy. Just remove the stock rubber pad and discard. Install the new rubber pad that comes with the pedals. Then put the aluminum pedal over the rubber aligning the holes (no drilling is required for the brake... the holes are already there). Then you just pop the rivets into the four holes. Warning: You will have to really muscle up on the rivet gun on the brake pedal.

For the gas pedal, you need to drill four holes in the stock pedal. First, tape the new aluminum pedal aligning it over the stock pedal. Drill the new holes with the 3.5mm bit. Then it's time to pop in the four rivets. These rivets go in very easily.

Admire your new pedals. Done.

Last edited:

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

LED VS HALOGEN.jpg
Do you have any stats on how far it can reach? I think most of us would be okay if you can see them from down the block, or easily on the highway. I am talking about meter/feet/mile comparison.

eduranjr

First Name
rtet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tgt
Do you have any stats on how far it can reach? I think most of us would be okay if you can see them from down the block, or easily on the highway. I am talking about meter/feet/mile comparison.
Since I upload that pic few months ago, at least half a normal HID range...

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Maybe it's apples to oranges, but the stock LEDs have absolutely no problem with throw distance. In fact, I routinely see my headlights make signs light up from over a mile away on the interstate. They are always the absolute brightest lights of any car travelling around me, bar none. Maybe the aftermarket ones aren't as good, but I'm blown away by these LEDs.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Maybe it's apples to oranges, but the stock LEDs have absolutely no problem with throw distance. In fact, I routinely see my headlights make signs light up from over a mile away on the interstate. They are always the absolute brightest lights of any car travelling around me, bar none. Maybe the aftermarket ones aren't as good, but I'm blown away by these LEDs.
If you have the touring model then the led lights will look a lot better since your housing was built specifically for them. Those that don't, are putting them in halogen housings that do not reflect the light correctly.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was speaking of the aftermarket led kits. BUUUUUUUT Civic Leds got a poor rating from IIHS because....that brightest lights of any car travelling around me.....well thats them putting off an ungodly glare that blinds drivers coming at you and also they dont illuminate the road to the left well enough on left curves, but almost all LED factory headlights have this issue. Even the stock halogens got poor, but they didnt have glare.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Giving her a break and taking out my other girl. :)

I haven't really driven my Murano since picking up the Civic to the point I freaked out about the Steering Wheel. LOL

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! IMG_1900.JPG
I stuck an OEM Turbo Decal above my rear view mirror in my Hatch.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a can of gloss black Autodip.

Gonna delete the chrome grille and, if there's enough product left, the chrome window trim.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
ok i have a very important question... when the DRL's burn out in about 5-6 years since i currently drive 20k miles a year... how do i replace the DRL's by themselves???? or will it have to be the whole complete headlight assembly? :(
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.