Status
Not open for further replies.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
nice! i want that so bad.. did you get the black or polished one?
Thanks, man! I got the polished one, because I'm afraid the black will absorb heat. Now I just gotta gather all the right tools for the job! First time installing an intake, but from what I've been reading in the injen intake thread, it's easy as long as you have the right tools.

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
Thanks, man! I got the polished one, because I'm afraid the black will absorb heat. Now I just gotta gather all the right tools for the job! First time installing an intake, but from what I've been reading in the injen intake thread, it's easy as long as you have the right tools.
I installed cai for tsx years ago. I had zero experience with car but installed without any problem. You should be fine. I'm waiting for mishimotos intake to decide which one to buy.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed cai for tsx years ago. I had zero experience with car but installed without any problem. You should be fine. I'm waiting for mishimotos intake to decide which one to buy.
Thanks for the support, man! Yeah, I considered waiting for Mishimoto's, as well, but I grew impatient. Especially, after seeing so many injen intake videos! The small performance gain and that "ksshhhh" sound from the turbo spooling is awesome! Haha.

Now I'm wondering if I'll have to install an oil catch can, too. Hmm...

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the support, man! Yeah, I considered waiting for Mishimoto's, as well, but I grew impatient. Especially, after seeing so many injen intake videos! The small performance gain and that "ksshhhh" sound from the turbo spooling is awesome! Haha.

Now I'm wondering if I'll have to install an oil catch can, too. Hmm...
yeah man I want it just for the sound!! it's definitely not going to give us 100+ hp and torque lmao but the sound alone is worth it... do you know how much the filters are when it's time to replace them?

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah man I want it just for the sound!! it's definitely not going to give us 100+ hp and torque lmao but the sound alone is worth it... do you know how much the filters are when it's time to replace them?
I do not. From my understanding, based on what I've read, the filters can be cleaned and re-used. As long as you care for and maintain the filter, you should be good!

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I do not. From my understanding, based on what I've read, the filters can be cleaned and re-used. As long as you care for and maintain the filter, you should be good!
really?? i'm going to have to check that out then because I don't think they mentioned those filters being reusable..

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
really?? i'm going to have to check that out then because I don't think they mentioned those filters being reusable..
Copied from the purchasing site:

"All Injen intake systems now come with a Injen's Super-Nano Fiber Air Filter, which is a dry media and requires no oiling, and lasts 20,000 to 25,000 miles before replacement is necessary! The new filter media captures/holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. Injen Super-Nano Air Filters also improve engine performance and help engines last longer by keeping them cleaner."

I swear I read somewhere that you still need to maintain the filter in order for it to last that long.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Copied from the purchasing site:

"All Injen intake systems now come with a Injen's Super-Nano Fiber Air Filter, which is a dry media and requires no oiling, and lasts 20,000 to 25,000 miles before replacement is necessary! The new filter media captures/holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. Injen Super-Nano Air Filters also improve engine performance and help engines last longer by keeping them cleaner."

I swear I read somewhere that you still need to maintain the filter in order for it to last that long.
yeah it's always better to maintain it of course regardless of what they say... i would probably be changing it out ever other oil change as my car needed it's first change at 6k... so every 12k i'd purchase a new filter.. do you think there website shows the filter used with the civicx intake? or are all their filters universal? i need to check their prices

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Modern cone filters are quite easy to maintain.

Take off the cone, and run gentle water through it to wash out the crap. Allow to air-dry, and reinstall.

I had an Injen intake on my old Accord and I'd clean the filter every 6 months; quite a lot of crap comes out actually. I doubt anything's changed since then, except maybe giving the filter a new spiffy name.

Some intakes like K&N need to be oiled after being cleaned, but it's easy to do as well.

Hansford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I installed LED's in the interior today. Waiting until night so I can get a pic for everyone.

D-Low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Clear side marker lenses arrived today. Took about 20 minutes to install...most of that time shaving the pins off of the bulb housings.
20160613_183452_resized.jpg 20160613_183419_resized.jpg
20160613_183440_resized.jpg 20160613_183429_resized.jpg

Anyway you could send me the link to where you purchased the clear lenses, and the proper LED bulbs.

Thanks!

elvisfan48640

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway you could send me the link to where you purchased the clear lenses, and the proper LED bulbs.

Thanks!
The link is just a few posts down from my original. I picked up the bulbs at Autozone.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.