Not open for further replies.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
eBay? Amazon? Link? Been lookin for one since I got the car. Had one in my previous car. Best use of the "o s--t" handle! Ha.
Bought from eBay. Various sellers for them.
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clear side marker lenses arrived today. Took about 20 minutes to install...most of that time shaving the pins off of the bulb housings.
20160613_183452_resized.jpg 20160613_183419_resized.jpg
20160613_183440_resized.jpg 20160613_183429_resized.jpg
Can you take a front pic of your car? I want to see how the chrome fog trims look. Thanks.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Received and installed my Honda/Acura Turbo badge:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! turbo badge

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have the link to were you got these..
what do you mean shaving the pins?

ty
The original side marker bulb socket has 4 tabs on the base of it to match the 4 slots on the original orange markers lamps. You would match them up and then turn it to secure in place (similar to the taillight bulb sockets). The clear side marker lamp housing comes with only 2 slots so it's not a complete match although the circumference of the hole is. The bulb socket that comes with the clear markers are too small to fit into the original socket connector also. The only thing to do is to remove the original bulb socket from the connection and trim two of those tabs (the ones that are perpendicular from the socket bend if that makes any sense). Then it should finally slot in and screw in place. I don't own an exacto knife nor a tremel tool. I simply used one of the small serrated steak knives I have in the kitchen to saw the tabs off, careful not to damage the gasket ring. Worked like a charm.

Last edited:

HipHopCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
The original side marker bulb socket has 4 tabs on the base of it to match the 4 slots on the original orange markers lamps. You would match them up and then turn it to secure in place (similar to the taillight bulb sockets). The clear side marker lamp housing comes with only 2 slots so it's not a complete match although the circumference of the hole is. The bulb socket that comes with the clear markers are too small to fit into the original bulb socket also. The only thing to do is to remove the original bulb socket from the connection and trim two of those tabs (the ones that are perpendicular from the socket bend if that makes any sense). Then it should finally slot in and screw in place. I don't own an exacto knife nor a tremel tool. I simply used one of the small serrated steak knife I have in the kitchen to saw the tabs off, careful not to damage the gasket ring. Worked like a charm.
thanks for the info im looking to getting these

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.