Not open for further replies.

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cbr600rr, 2016 civic LX, 2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought an LX coupe in "modern steel" grey. I waxed it today with Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax. It's supposed to be the top-rated car wax on the market,according to the ratings on-line. It's about 95 degrees in northern illinois this weekend, so waxing a car requires quite a few cold beers. By the time I was done,I was in no condition to drive it. I love this car but if I had it to do over, I might get it in Rallye red. God, that red coupe is a thing of beauty. Does anyone think there will be a turbocharger or a supercharger available for the 2.0 litre I-VTEC? Mine is a six-speed stick,so I don't have to worry about the CVT not being able to handle the horsepower. My understanding is CVT's aren't adequate for high-horsepowered applications.
be careful not to detail under the sun with that heat!. I love my WOP but id go red also if i had a 2nd choice
Sponsored

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
I just got my clear sides too, but how do you remove the original?? I felt like i was gonna break it off

I'm currently in the process of installing my right clear side marker light housing. Left side is done but there seems to be clearance issues with the right one. Big tab won't snap in place. A little child can pull it easily and it'd come right off. Darn it!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit: one quick sudden push the big tab finally snapped in place. All is well with the world again. Gotta update the garage on the forum again real soon.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my clear sides too, but how do you remove the original?? I felt like i was gonna break it off
Hey John. If you've already unscrewed the 3 screws and pry the wheel well liner you should be able to see the tab that snaps the marker lamp housing in place. Use your thumb to push it towards the front of the car while at the same time pushing out on the marker lamp housing. It takes a little bit of force but it should slide right out.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
As title suggests, this thread will be for CivicX owners to post about what they did to their car today. It can be anything, big or small - milestones, car wash, servicing, fixes, modifications, add-ons, etc.

Share and it might inspire some ideas for others to do on their Civics too.

So, what did you do to your 2016+ Civic today?

Nothing...just got it yesterday. Did have the windows tinted at the dealer, though.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing...just got it yesterday. Did have the windows tinted at the dealer, though.
Congrats! What trim and color? How much tint? Can you post a pic?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's low 70s in NJ, couldn't pass up the chance.

washed/clayed/waxed

20160613_125422.jpg
Your WOP Touring looks great! Reminded me of how mine used to look like before I added the TURBO decals and clear side marker lights! Thanks for posting.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.