What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Minor fitment "issues," but nothing to raise a stink over.
The fronts, when I dry fitted them on the doors, lined up the aft end, and the point on the front was about an inch high off target following the curvature of the door. Simple workaround: lay down the top edge of the visor, lining it up with the curvature of the door and "roll" it down to flatten the rest of the adhesive against the door. It doesn't seem to be under enough tension that it feels like it's gonna spring off the door and fly off. In fact, the fronts are on there solid. I grabbed it (while stopped at a red light) and shook it like mad. Didn't feel like it was going anywhere.
The rears, curvature was perfectly fine, but it's short by a hair. I'll let the pics speak for themselves of how "off" it is. It's really not much. Only noticeable if you're looking for it.
ZmXG6PY.jpg

2aKSBLr.jpg
link on these?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I bought a spare from the local recycler. Recommended by the dealer. Not for a civic, but the holes line up, fits in the well and was $100.
Does your car have the storage area for the tire? Some models don’t t even have the spot to put the spare. Like the hatchback sport and type R don’t because the muffler is mounted where the spare tire well would be.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Does your car have the storage area for the tire? Some models don’t t even have the spot to put the spare. Like the hatchback sport and type R don’t because the muffler is mounted where the spare tire well would be.
yes...take the styrofoam out, and there is a hole for a spare. Including the lockdown threads

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes...take the styrofoam out, and there is a hole for a spare. Including the lockdown threads
Oh ok well then you are in good shape. Not all civics got the spare tire well. I wonder if a spare tire is an optional thing now? You know like if you look at all the options your car comes with, and “spare tire” might be in there. And the people without might pay less for a can of fix-a-flat and a little pump.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Oh ok well then you are in good shape. Not all civics got the spare tire well. I wonder if a spare tire is an optional thing now? You know like if you look at all the options your car comes with, and “spare tire” might be in there. And the people without might pay less for a can of fix-a-flat and a little pump.
my Si has no spare. I tried to get one from the dealer, and he said get one from an EX Civic, or the recycler. (Either way, not from him) I saw a dealer selling the whole kit, tire jack and all for $175 on Amazon. Never saw a Civic without the well, though.

groenek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Has anyone put a new grill on the sport sedan? Every grill I see says it won’t fit properly. Even the one on pro-civic

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my Si has no spare. I tried to get one from the dealer, and he said get one from an EX Civic, or the recycler. (Either way, not from him) I saw a dealer selling the whole kit, tire jack and all for $175 on Amazon. Never saw a Civic without the well, though.
Yeah so it seems that only the hatchback sport and type R don’t have the tire well I guess

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My Sport hatch has a spare tire in its own well.
Does it really? I thought the muffler was mounted in the center and took the space where the spare well would be.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it really? I thought the muffler was mounted in the center and took the space where the spare well would be.
Most definitely. Back when I had mufflers, they were center mounted.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Rk3bzVA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 8d18sdb

My understanding was cargo room was sacrificed a bit due to the higher position of said spare wheel well.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most definitely. Back when I had mufflers, they were center mounted.
Rk3bzVA.jpg

8d18sdb.jpg

My understanding was cargo room was sacrificed a bit due to the higher position of said spare wheel well.
Oh ok. Yeah they used little foam blocks to raise the floor. Yeah because normally it would be deeper so it doesn’t have those blocks. But that’s good, at least you got a spare. I can’t drive confidently without a spare.
Sponsored