What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks!

Install was pretty simple, that lip has a rear ridge so you only need to worry about lining up the sides. Standard prep, clean the plain spoiler and a quick wipe down with alcohol. If you don't have a garage to leave it in, you might want to put the tape on the lip and let it bond for a bit first.

Before you put it on, I'd place it down to feel out how it will line up. There will be about 1mm or so on each side, I might be slightly off but you can just about eyeball it. I'll try to get a pic of how that looks tomorrow morning. If you feel on the sides, it's a bit easier to feel that it's in place. I also had a coworker eyeball it before putting it down for good, can be done alone but always a bit easier with a second set of eyes. I put the tape along all the edges of the lip that touch the vehicle, but was careful to avoid overlapping the little rear ridge so I could line it up flush.
Thanks for the reply. How many strips of the double sided tape did you tack on the spoiler?
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. How many strips of the double sided tape did you tack on the spoiler?
I did 6. One long one on the inside edge (closest to the rear windshield), two shorter strips one on the left edge one on the right and then three smaller strips on the outside edge, to contour better to the curve of the spoiler.

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the first time I've ever done any modifications to a car... I've learned from my mistake. But, thanks for the encouragement.
True you don't "need" a heat gun. But please believe it makes removing adhesive way easier, as long as you don't get carried away and over heat things. As far as the dents not quite sure how those happened. But if you dented your own car you dented your own car that's on you but can't knock you for trying to learn how to do your own mods. Just do your research and take your time things should go fine.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did 6. One long one on the inside edge (closest to the rear windshield), two shorter strips one on the left edge one on the right and then three smaller strips on the outside edge, to contour better to the curve of the spoiler.
Thanks man. I really appreciate the info.

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have a very merry Christmas to you and too all hope Santa levees a present under the tree for your civics :)
Merry Christmas CivicX Fam!
Hopefully Santa leaves everyone their most wished for mod this year! :rofl:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about that one. How do you like the sound?
I like the sound, it’s not stealthy at all, louder than I expected and it’s deep. However, there’s drone at about 1800rpm.
Sponsored