What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your commute downhill both ways?
I confess, I cheated. Hit the gas, get up to 50, then coast and hit the trip reset.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not Sure if this is the place to post this, but I need some advice.
I fell victim to a Hit-and-Run Last night (10/19) in the state of Michigan on the highway late at night.
I'll attach photos below of the damage, but it was mostly my driver side door that was damaged, and both of my fenders on the driver's side. The skirt is partially detached as well on that side, and my window doesn't open all the way.

I filed an Insurance claim, and they recommended me to a collision shop that they certified. Would it best to go to my dealership instead? I've only had the car for less than a year (Purchased: 1/12/2019).
Would my dealership be able to give me a car to use while they work on it?

I kind of want to avoid renting a car from Enterprise even with my Insurance company's discounted rates. Do you think my dealership would lend me a car while mine is in the shop?

Does anyone have an experience with this?

Photo of damage:

civic_damage.jpg
Your insurance is the one to help with that if you don’t want to pay out of pocket (depending on what policy you have) you can do that.
My woman works for farmers insurance, I can get details if that’s something you’re interested in.
Glad you’re ok, and screw hit and run drivers. You’ll be fine.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally added side skirts, fog housing accent trim, and duck bill spoiler. Wrapped them in vivvid gloss black. Got rid of the matte black wrapped grill and lip and rewrapped in gloss black. Looks so much better. Got a diffuser chillin as my original plan for it is not going to work. Back to square one with it. Contemplating lowering my car . The gap is not that bad. Anyone know of good and reasonable body shops in Nashville our nearby counties?

3D967576-F6E1-415F-848C-D1D51A422CB9.jpeg

F7524C4C-2B1F-4FEF-9BC8-F86CDBDF17AC.jpeg

E049766A-BA15-4AFB-9BB4-5D09844D0615.jpeg

20646642-37AA-49BF-88F4-2CE5F001213B.jpeg
Looks good all around
I love the wheels.

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh ok you ordered the light?
The light is a led spoiler I just haven't had a chance to take pics during the day of it.

Jyongonz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Your insurance is the one to help with that if you don’t want to pay out of pocket (depending on what policy you have) you can do that.
My woman works for farmers insurance, I can get details if that’s something you’re interested in.
Glad you’re ok, and screw hit and run drivers. You’ll be fine.
Yeah my insurance company liberty mutual is covering everything with $200 deductible but yeah it was just a nightmare and hope all you guys just be safe and cautiously drive.

Yeah at this point its just an inconvenience

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Papasmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Si Sedan
Country flag
Okay so this all didn’t necessarily happen today, but over the past few weeks:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D2548C15-F58A-4A35-94B1-014FDEA1584F

Enkei ts-v 18x8.5 w/stock all seasons ( want to replace with 255 Firestone Indy 500s when the wife allows it), ProDesign “track style” front splitter, ProDesign smoked led corner lights.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) BB44CCB1-F409-478A-A90B-98565F439F2E

MAPerformance “street” exhaust
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 7CEC9F2A-7950-491A-A246-4C8297A40A36

PRL stage 1 intake w/ AFE Dry filter, ktuner w/TSP Stage 1 tune.

At 32000 miles and needed a bit of a refresh. The TSP tune combined with the tone of the MAP exhaust and lightweight Enkei’s really changed this car, very excited for the next 32000.

Last edited:

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
finally got around to installing a new shift knob. I was deciding whether a red knob or silver knob and the silver knob it is!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5130.JPG

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hb sport
Country flag
Installed front mud guards (didn't have time to do the back) and the window visors. Also manged to strip a fastener with the mud guards install...whoops.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) LRM_EXPORT_262836676270706_20191023_091532835

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Installed front mud guards (didn't have time to do the back) and the window visors. Also manged to strip a fastener with the mud guards install...whoops.

LRM_EXPORT_262836676270706_20191023_091532835.jpeg
I did the same, super glue fixed it though. The amount of protection these mud flaps provide has been great though.

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did the same, super glue fixed it though. The amount of protection these mud flaps provide has been great though.
Did you super glue remove it? Or super glue the mudguard? I was planning on putting some double stick 3m tape behind it to attach.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Did you super glue remove it? Or super glue the mudguard? I was planning on putting some double stick 3m tape behind it to attach.
I put superglue on the screw thread and rescrewed it. My screw would go in and out fine, but wouldn't stop spinning when I got to the end before adding the super glue.
Now it doesn't spin at all and the flap sits flush with the body.

This was the top screw, and it seems to just screw into plastic, so I think it'll be fine.. Can't even tell it was glued.

Also, if you haven't done the back ones yet, they are extremely annoying to do if you can't get the wheels off. Just a heads up. It turned my 20 minute install into a 2 hour headache.

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I put superglue on the screw thread and rescrewed it. My screw would go in and out fine, but wouldn't stop spinning when I got to the end before adding the super glue.
Now it doesn't spin at all and the flap sits flush with the body.

This was the top screw, and it seems to just screw into plastic, so I think it'll be fine.. Can't even tell it was glued.

Also, if you haven't done the back ones yet, they are extremely annoying to do if you can't get the wheels off. Just a heads up. It turned my 20 minute install into a 2 hour headache.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I may have the dealer do them when I go in for an oil change eventually if they're that much a PITA. The fastener clip I stripped was interior lower one -- which makes me feel like I should put some tape on that piece, because I can't get the thing out.
Sponsored