What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fourth wash and the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax is still producing a nice deep glossy finish. Water beaded up real nice too.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) I5olC1U
Sponsored

snp

First Name
stelios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 5d hatchback 1.5 CVT
Country flag
Regarding the metal in the red frame is it an aftermarket buy? If yes can you share it with us? Does it have a name, that specific plate?

Thank you and sorry for teasing your photo..I just couldn't describe it..

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regarding the metal in the red frame is it an aftermarket buy? If yes can you share it with us? Does it have a name, that specific plate?

B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41.jpg
I think that's stock on 2019

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41.jpg

No worries.

That piece of metal is standard equipment on a 2019 Civic Touring Sedan. Honda refreshed the lower front bumper intake area and that’s how it now ships from the factory.

Skip to 1:12 in the video.

Reactions: snp

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Type r grill replacement . Came out decent looking, hopefully. Finally chrome is off the body. Now for wheel and suspension. I was going to try raceland coil overs and konig dekagrams 18x8.5 +35mm offset. Lemme know if that seems like an ok spec and if I should just do lowering springs.. Anyways here’s the new grill
Dope bro, how difficult was the installation of the grille?

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
Got rid of the factory white with yellowing bumpers...
61A56942-355F-4AAE-AF37-54482034D60D.jpeg
My bumpers are yellowing on my white Si, I wish i didnt get that color because of that. I wonder if that is something would be covered under warrenty.

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dope bro, how difficult was the installation of the grille?
Wasn’t too difficult. I did it by myself with my girlfriend helping me. I am not a mechanic whatsoever. But there are 3 or 4 YouTube videos that really helped me out. Search 2016 Honda front grill replacement. There’s one by DIY Honda, pro civic, and a couple others that show exactly how to remove it. Just be careful and take your time with the push clips and tabs. Whole thing took like 2.5 hrs. And it was the first time I’ve ever taken a bumper off. Flathead screw driver, a 10 mm socket, a 5 mm allen key and some patience and you can have a new grill.

P.S. - if you wanted to upgrade to a cai or new fog lights, nows the chance and you’ll have plenty of room.

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Wasn’t too difficult. I did it by myself with my girlfriend helping me. I am not a mechanic whatsoever. But there are 3 or 4 YouTube videos that really helped me out. Search 2016 Honda front grill replacement. There’s one by DIY Honda, pro civic, and a couple others that show exactly how to remove it. Just be careful and take your time with the push clips and tabs. Whole thing took like 2.5 hrs. And it was the first time I’ve ever taken a bumper off. Flathead screw driver, a 10 mm socket, a 5 mm allen key and some patience and you can have a new grill.

P.S. - if you wanted to upgrade to a cai or new fog lights, nows the chance and you’ll have plenty of room.
Yea definitely I have all those videos saved. Just waiting for all my parts to arrive. Did you have to jack the car up to reach everything?

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to the junkyard today to find a few parts, mainly for the Galant. While I was there I found a 2012 Accord Coupe from the Database, so I was hoping to get the black homelink buttons from it, too bad it's all gone, nothing really useful from the inside left, Except, I saw the sun visors are gone, and the wire is hanging there with the plug, I suspect that's the same kind that power up the 9th Gen Civic illumination kit, which is what I have on the back seat foot area. So I grabbed it, and when I have way too much time, I may redo that:)

*my homelink is working fine now, mine's off from a Pilot, and it was in grey, so I painted it black, but to make the paint not covered the illumination dot, I tried to use masking tape there, then used black marker to finish the edges, which didn't end well... It looks bad only when I'm paying attention to it... So, it'll be nice if I could come across another set that comes in black.
Sponsored