What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6D99F886-0AD6-4205-8466-1D3650FA30CA.jpeg

You might’ve got the same as me. Here’s a photo of it.

Zhaos garage on you tube. He has one on grill and fog lights on same video. Long but it explains enough IMO.
Hey thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure I did get the same one as you. Your car looks awesome btw. Great fitment on the wheels, are you on coil overs? And about the grill, was here any drilling or modifications? I’m worried about getting the bracket for the eyebrows off the old chrome pieces and to the new black ones. And did you have a real type r badge or knock off? How did that fit? Sorry about the late reply. But greatly appreciate of your input!!
Sponsored

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag
I finally got around to doing some stuff on my Civic bucket list. :thumbsup:
  • Upgraded the fabric armrests to the leather ones from the Honda Insight
  • Upgraded the center console to the new 2019 LED Armrest
  • Installed a dashcam
I always felt that the fabric armrests in the Civic were less than stellar. I would subconsciously avoid resting my arm on any of the fabric because it felt rough and got marked up super easily. I also ordered an elbow buddy because I always felt the the center armrest was too low. The elbow buddy was nice but it would always fly around when I would take a turn (I never bothered to velcro it down).

With the new setup everything is much nicer. I don't have to worry about my elbow buddy flying around the cabin, the armrests aren't rough on my skin, and I find that the new armrest is just about as high as it was with the original center console armrest with the elbow buddy. For anyone interested, I took a few quick shots to show how much taller the new armrest is than the original one.

I still find myself subconsciously moving my arms away from the armrests to avoid the fabric. When I catch myself doing that I laugh.

I did have an issue with installing the center armrest, or maybe it was just a random-happenstance, but after I installed it my keyless entry stopped working. Everything worked fine in the car but the keyless entry/locking feature stopped and I kept getting an error on screen "Keyless Access System Problem". I ended up taking it to the dealer and they had to replace the rear interior LF antenna. That did end up fixing the issue but I'm not 100% sure why it broke in the first place. It was working just fine before I installed the armrests (I did the door armrests and center console in one session) and I disconnected the battery too. :dunno:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) armrest_difference

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) armrest_difference2

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) ledarmrest

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) dashcam

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) doorarmrest

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) keylessproblem

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure I did get the same one as you. Your car looks awesome btw. Great fitment on the wheels, are you on coil overs? And about the grill, was here any drilling or modifications? I’m worried about getting the bracket for the eyebrows off the old chrome pieces and to the new black ones. And did you have a real type r badge or knock off? How did that fit? Sorry about the late reply. But greatly appreciate of your input!!
I went the cheaper route and got lowering springs. There was no drilling, just have to be patient putting it on, there is a tiny off fitment on the driver side the bothered me, but I got over it. You can’t tell unless you have OCD haha
I want to say it’s real type R badge, and it fits PERFECT.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
I finally got around to doing some stuff on my Civic bucket list. :thumbsup:
  • Upgraded the fabric armrests to the leather ones from the Honda Insight
  • Upgraded the center console to the new 2019 LED Armrest
  • Installed a dashcam
I always felt that the fabric armrests in the Civic were less than stellar. I would subconsciously avoid resting my arm on any of the fabric because it felt rough and got marked up super easily. I also ordered an elbow buddy because I always felt the the center armrest was too low. The elbow buddy was nice but it would always fly around when I would take a turn (I never bothered to velcro it down).

With the new setup everything is much nicer. I don't have to worry about my elbow buddy flying around the cabin, the armrests aren't rough on my skin, and I find that the new armrest is just about as high as it was with the original center console armrest with the elbow buddy. For anyone interested, I took a few quick shots to show how much taller the new armrest is than the original one.

I still find myself subconsciously moving my arms away from the armrests to avoid the fabric. When I catch myself doing that I laugh.

I did have an issue with installing the center armrest, or maybe it was just a random-happenstance, but after I installed it my keyless entry stopped working. Everything worked fine in the car but the keyless entry/locking feature stopped and I kept getting an error on screen "Keyless Access System Problem". I ended up taking it to the dealer and they had to replace the rear interior LF antenna. That did end up fixing the issue but I'm not 100% sure why it broke in the first place. It was working just fine before I installed the armrests (I did the door armrests and center console in one session) and I disconnected the battery too. :dunno:

armrest_difference.jpg

armrest_difference2.jpg

ledarmrest.jpg

dashcam.jpg

doorarmrest.jpg

keylessproblem.jpg
Does the new armrest get in the way of your shifting, or is it business as usual?

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the new armrest get in the way of your shifting, or is it business as usual?
My shift knob sits a little higher than most. For me, I like the higher position. It allows me to keep my arm straight while resting my hand on the shift knob.

Before the upgrade, I had to use the elbow buddy or else it was really awkward resting my hand on the shift knob in odd numbered gears. Now it's perfect! :D

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been eyeing that center console for a long time now too
I just really wish there'd be an option for red stitching to match the Si's

as for the keyless access error, there is a sensor in that console there, and is powered by the plug in the rear underneath (not sure if you had to take the whole thing out to install).

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LED armrest lit pic please.
Sure thing. I hope you enjoy the picture. :cool:

as for the keyless access error, there is a sensor in that console there, and is powered by the plug in the rear underneath (not sure if you had to take the whole thing out to install).
I actually took the entire center console out of the car to work on it. It was just easier. I'm confident I put everything back together correctly because I quadruple checked the instructions and went over everything again when I noticed the keyless entry stopped working. (It was a long day haha.)

I actually brought it to the dealership twice. They originally had the car for a few hours for diagnostics and determined the part needed to be replaced. They didn't mention anything about anything being unplugged either time. :dunno: Everyone liked my rims though haha.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190612_000523

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had another go at vinyl wrapping today. This time, the instrument cluster hood thingy. A 2' x 5' roll of 3M 1080 was $40 on Amazon.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Oxf4MG6

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 4JUeHzR

Before anyone says anything, yeah, the CF pattern is the opposite direction of the OEM trim. Realized that after reinstalling the piece. Oh well, only people that are looking hard enough will notice

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Had another go at vinyl wrapping today. This time, the instrument cluster hood thingy. A 2' x 5' roll of 3M 1080 was $40 on Amazon.

Oxf4MG6.jpg

4JUeHzR.jpg

Before anyone says anything, yeah, the CF pattern is the opposite direction of the OEM trim. Realized that after reinstalling the piece. Oh well, only people that are looking hard enough will notice
Looks good. I have a bunch of carbon fiber throughout my interior and it goes in different directions but looks great. Think about it, if every piece of carbon fiber was in the same direction wouldn't that be a bit weird, too? I mean, why is it all angled left and not all angled right? See what I'm saying?

Bru87tr

Sure thing. I hope you enjoy the picture. :cool:

I actually took the entire center console out of the car to work on it. It was just easier. I'm confident I put everything back together correctly because I quadruple checked the instructions and went over everything again when I noticed the keyless entry stopped working. (It was a long day haha.)

I actually brought it to the dealership twice. They originally had the car for a few hours for diagnostics and determined the part needed to be replaced. They didn't mention anything about anything being unplugged either time. :dunno: Everyone liked my rims though haha.

20190612_000523.jpg
Very nice!