What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Have you (or anyone else) had troubles with the service dept after reflashing back to the stock mapping when taking it into the dealer? I started looking at K-Tuner and Hondata for the cheap power gains but.. muh warranty.
It really depends on the dealer. Many honda techs are young and generally won't look too deep to notice any ECU changes for everyday work like recalls or maintenance. However, if you have a really experienced tech or if you have any issues with something that is directly affected by the flash, they may look deeper into it and give you some trouble.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They probably did, and I dont find it shady. The warranty terms were very clear and I am breaking those terms. They are totally within their rights and expectations to make notes on this stuff. In MN they still have to prove that the modification caused the problem, which is why I have been very selective and careful about what and how I do my modifications.

Time will tell if they are shady, but I have seen no evidence of it yet.
I'd like some notice if they put anything in my file..ya know?

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like some notice if they put anything in my file..ya know?
I bet you could just ask. Though, to be fair, this is probably very dealer dependent. My dealer is super chill about mods and actually encourages them. I think they like the fact a few of their clients have builds they can talk about to potential customers. Also, my car is on the street near their dealership daily.... good advertising.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you (or anyone else) had troubles with the service dept after reflashing back to the stock mapping when taking it into the dealer? I started looking at K-Tuner and Hondata for the cheap power gains but.. muh warranty.
Depends on the dealer. I leave my ktuner v2 on my car during service and they ask me how I like it on the car even one of the techs put one on his SI

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Videos (corsomotion on left side, ijdmtoy on right):

Also, thank you! I am always worried that I am rambling and getting too wordy..... if left to my own devices I can get quite neurotic....Gtk the details are appreciated!
The sequential turn signals definitely flow better with your tail lights!

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Not today, but Friday, I, too, got a speeding ticket. 76 in a 55, will be about 185 bucks... And here I thought I was invisible.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I did 25 lbs as recommended
That thing is gonna loosen up. Watch the ProCivic install video again. They recommend 40 ft/lbs like I mentioned in a earlier post.

As an aside I've honestly never heard of anyone using a power tool to torque a strut bar like you did.

Something like this is all you need:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) tekton-torque-wrenches-24335-64_1000

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That thing is gonna loosen up. Watch the ProCivic install video again. They recommend 40 ft/lbs like I mentioned in a earlier post.

As an aside I've honestly never heard of anyone using a power tool to torque a strut bar like you did.
Thanks a lot civic brother.
I’ll retighten it if necessary.

I know, I had some friends help me, and I’m assuming it was power tight... I borrowed one with a needle indicator

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a lot civic brother.
I’ll retighten it if necessary.
Definitely necessary. Torque numbers are fairly precise and you have it 15 ft/lbs too loose. That bar needs to be stiff to work properly.

Check this video at the 1:12 mark...

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag