What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my DDM Tuning HIDs this weekend. Went with 35w 5500k bulbs. They are local so its easy. My 3rd or 4th set from them. Had them on my 99 civic (twice, car was stolen/stripped/recovered), still have on my '03 Cbr600rr, and now the FK7. My only complaint is their garbage HID relay. It wouldnt work. Connections wouldnt seat fully. I installed as usual and nothing. Verified continuity and voltage with my multimeter which proved the relay was getting voltage...yet the relay would not "switch" on. I even tried another relay I had. I blame the poor connection at the OEM headlight connector to the harness. I'm most likely just going to buy a moritomo relay harness. Seem tried and true. Those who have it, did all the connectors "seat" properly? So for now until my new harness arrives Im running direct off OEM connection to the ballast. Not ideal but should be fine for a few days.

Light starts off a little blue for me, then once warm they turn more white. I'd say a 95% match to DRLs.

Was inquiring about clear bra/ppf...felt "poor" visiting shops as they were installing on rolls royce's, ferraris, masaratis....cheapest I saw was a new M3. lol. Pricing was $1k at least for a full front coverage with Xpel or Suntek.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
replaced my fogs with 6000k LED's, then after washing and claying, applied Optimum-Gloss polymer sealant.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are you liking the raceseng knob? I want one... But soo pricey! Which model is that?
They're worth every penny! This one is a Translucent Gold Contour. Love their shift knobs!

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a K&N drop in already. Will this be beneficial for me?
The hose is said to have some sort of benefit due to not having the corrugation that the stock tube does. Something about uninterrupted airflow; smoother air delivery

Last edited:

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'll just keep it as is. Sometimes I do get the spooling up sound but without the whistle.

That sound was most notable on my old '13 Sonata 2.0T with just a drop in K&N and TurboXS BOV
The hose adds a nice touch of color to the engine bay, but I don't believe it adds any significant benefit. A high airflow filter like the K&N or AFE one on the other hand, will make a difference.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hose adds a nice touch of color to the engine bay, but I don't believe it adds any significant benefit. A high airflow filter like the K&N or AFE one on the other hand, will make a difference.
The hose also comes with a new high flow drop in filter.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had my 2017 civic repaired! I posted previously about my civic getting hit while parked in my work's parking lot. Boy was I upset. I'll re-post the image showing the damage so you can see the before and after. My dealer did a great job with the repair, it looks almost perfect. You can see that the bumper does not 100% line up with the right quarter panel, it's about 1/2cm off. Nobody will probably notice except for me though. Just glad to have her back. I also did a wash/wax today :)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3357
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3370
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_3373

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had my 2017 civic repaired! I posted previously about my civic getting hit while parked in my work's parking lot. Boy was I upset. I'll re-post the image showing the damage so you can see the before and after. My dealer did a great job with the repair, it looks almost perfect. You can see that the bumper does not 100% line up with the right quarter panel, it's about 1/2cm off. Nobody will probably notice except for me though. Just glad to have her back. I also did a wash/wax today :)

IMG_3357.jpg
IMG_3370.jpg
IMG_3373.jpg
They did a damn good job.

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have a K&N drop in already. Will this be beneficial for me?
I also have a k&n filter I only purchased the hose to complete the kit. As has been said already it helps to smooth out the air flow. I did notice the difference in throttle response with my 6MT hatch. There is also a whistle/whine sound at low Rpm’s that wasn’t there before the PRL hose install.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
How did you get the boot to stay up on the knob? Did you have to order their $10 shift boot retainer and then take the center console apart to lift the boot up to get underneath it?

K Tuner, and (another) new shift knob.
20170924_175026.jpg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The hose also comes with a new high flow drop in filter.
I bought the PRL hose, not the filter. Just like the K&N, it needs to be oiled so I went with a high flow dry one from AFE instead.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you get the boot to stay up on the knob? Did you have to order their $10 shift boot retainer and then take the center console apart to lift the boot up to get underneath it?
Yes, I bought the boot retainer.

No, you do not need to take the center console apart. Just remove the plastic side pieces by prying up carefully, and four screws underneath to remove the shifter bezel. Took ten minutes.
Sponsored