What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Konig Ultraform 18x8.5 ET35, I think they weigh about 20.8lbs each
So if they were +32 they would provide "safe" clearance for your BBK?

Nice avatar change too =)
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if they were +32 they would provide "safe" clearance for your BBK?

Nice avatar change too =)
Yes that is correct but one thing that is critical to that fitment over a BBK is the "spoke clearance" which is something you have to either measure yourself (a pain) or try to work with the wheel manufacturer on. The first set I bought from Konig didn't come close to fitting and they were the same offset. They recommended I try these and they just about fit. Spacers should be in tomorrow.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve gone back and fourth with the idea of debadging my Sport.....what made you decide to do it ?
my plastidip was starting to peal a bit and was bothering me. was kinda to lazy to redo it and googled pictures of the car debadge. few friends of mine have it done on their cars.. just went for it. figured it would give a more clean look and honestly im liking it a lot.

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
my plastidip was starting to peal a bit and was bothering me. was kinda to lazy to redo it and googled pictures of the car debadge. few friends of mine have it done on their cars.. just went for it. figured it would give a more clean look and honestly im liking it a lot.
I had just plastidipped my emblems and will probably debadge once they start looking like crap too

UnMass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5T 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve gone back and fourth with the idea of debadging my Sport.....what made you decide to do it ?
I debadged my car because the glue from the factory was already so weak that when I washed the car for the first time, the 'T' in sport actually went sideways. The next weekend I took em all off. If it's not a bright sunny day, I highly suggest a heat gun. It really helps make the glue want to peel off.

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
I debadged my car because the glue from the factory was already so weak that when I washed the car for the first time, the 'T' in sport actually went sideways. The next weekend I took em all off. If it's not a bright sunny day, I highly suggest a heat gun. It really helps make the glue want to peel off.
Yea the glue is weak from the factory I can twist my letters around on a cool day lol

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that is correct but one thing that is critical to that fitment over a BBK is the "spoke clearance" which is something you have to either measure yourself (a pain) or try to work with the wheel manufacturer on. The first set I bought from Konig didn't come close to fitting and they were the same offset. They recommended I try these and they just about fit. Spacers should be in tomorrow.
Totally understand this. I was looking at a Wilwood BBK kit for my Fit. They give a document with required clearances. I went and modeled up a 3d printed clearance bracket to ensure it would clear my 57dr's. One kit would clear spokes AND wheel diameter...but the other kit would clear the spokes but not the wheel diameter.

Photo 2017-09-19, 1 48 42 PM.jpg Photo 2017-09-19, 2 01 20 PM.jpg Photo 2017-09-19, 2 16 09 PM.jpg Photo 2017-09-19, 3 53 09 PM.jpg Photo 2017-09-19, 3 53 15 PM.jpg
debadged and washed
Good job debadging. For a second I thought you were showing off your dipped emblems haha. This makes me want to debadge mine.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank god you are one of the few that didn't start putting R badges all over your car after the debadge. Think i might do the black H's as well.
ahah no, it's not a type R and i wont start pretending it is. although i don't really mind the Red H, i feel those still work but not the "Type R" badge itself :p i like the black and white look with a bit of red. so i wrapped the back emblem black and my front has red wrap on it.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 5

Good job debadging. For a second I thought you were showing off your dipped emblems haha. This makes me want to debadge mine.
ahah i had dipped it a while ago. first time at it, i really like the look of it dipped so either way works.. stock chrome is a no go for me for the badges. compare debadge with yours badge and see what you like. it took me a while to decide. comparing pictures on google and just went for it. :thumbsup: