What did you almost buy? And why you chose the Civic

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, it's a bummer that the incentive is cancelled. TBH though, the Insight fills in this gap nicely. Not much more than the Touring 1.5L and gets 50+ mpg on average. I'd have a Leaf were it not for the fact that I need to drive 200 miles on a highway.
Oh boy I have a disdain for electric vehicles..i wish America would let the diesel cars come over then we would all get 50mpg and have a renewable fuel source...you can make diesel out of anything even used motor oil
Sponsored

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Oh boy I have a disdain for electric vehicles..i wish America would let the diesel cars come over then we would all get 50mpg and have a renewable fuel source...you can make diesel out of anything even used motor oil
Blame VW, not America...

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
++1
I love diesels and I really hope they'll be widely available again. Heck if the European civic diesel was offered here I would've gotten it without a doubt.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's crazy every automaker has diesel versions of gas cars they even have a focus st in diesel

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Diesels are *way* worse for the environment and your health than previously thought. VW really fucked everyone with their cheating.

Europeans are moving away from diesel and so is the rest of the world. Whatever the future holds for personal transportation, it's not diesel.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Diesels are *way* worse for the environment and your health than previously thought. VW really fucked everyone with their cheating.

Europeans are moving away from diesel and so is the rest of the world. Whatever the future holds for personal transportation, it's not diesel.
Very untrue. I'm surprised to see all the misconceptions about diesels so much. In fact, in modern diesels the air coming out of the engine is cleaner than the air coming into the engine. Don't believe me? Search "selective catalytic reduction system" (SCR), and you'll know what I mean. Apart from VW, anyways.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Very untrue. I'm surprised to see all the misconceptions about diesels so much. In fact, in modern diesels the air coming out of the engine is cleaner than the air coming into the engine. Don't believe me? Search "selective catalytic reduction system" (SCR), and you'll know what I mean. Apart from VW, anyways.
"Temperature is one of the largest limitations of SCR. Gas turbines, cars, and diesel engines all have a period during a start-up where exhaust temperatures are too cool for NOx reduction to occur."

NOx is a real killer, severely underestimated before. Europe moving away from diesels is *very* true. If people aren't there to buy them, nobody will build them.

I'm more inclined to believe Electric is the future than diesel.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Temperature is one of the largest limitations of SCR. Gas turbines, cars, and diesel engines all have a period during a start-up where exhaust temperatures are too cool for NOx reduction to occur."

NOx is a real killer, severely underestimated before. Europe moving away from diesels is *very* true. If people aren't there to buy them, nobody will build them.

There will always be an opposing argument...
I do not see how temperature is a "limitation". Diesel is by far the most used ICE engine in the world. And, diesel not only power cars you know...The point of the SCR system was to reduce NOX, not increase them.
:coffee:
:rolleyes1:

Last edited:

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
There will always be an opposing argument...
I do not see how temperature is a "limitation". Diesel is by far the most used ICE engine in the world. And, diesel not only power cars you know...The point of the SCR system was to reduce NOX, not increase them.
:coffee:
:rolleyes1:
My point is that this system only works in narrow temp ranges - during startup and while you're warming up, which personal automobiles are constantly experiencing, NOx reduction is 0. Zero. Not going to fly.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My point is that this system only works in narrow temp ranges - during startup and while you're warming up, which personal automobiles are constantly experiencing, NOx reduction is 0. Zero. Not going to fly.
You obviously do not seem to know what you are talking about. Do yourself a favor and do a little research before answering.
What your saying right now is the millions of trucks/vehicles worldwide who adopted this system basically only work when it is starting up/warming up? So its the engineers who are the stupid ones...

Not trying to hijack this thread but un-knowledgeable responses must be answered too...

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Agreed. And, IMO, if it hadn't been for the invention of the exhaust muffler, we would've moved away from internal combustion vehicles LONG ago.

The oil industry was the biggest beneficiary of muffler systems, I'd say.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
You obviously do not seem to know what you are talking about. Do yourself a favor and do a little research before answering.
What your saying right now is the millions of trucks/vehicles worldwide who adopted this system basically only work when it is starting up/warming up? So its the engineers who are the stupid ones...

Not trying to hijack this thread but un-knowledgeable responses must be answered too...
Christ, you must be dyslexic or something. I said it does *not* work when starting up and warming up. The system is supposed to reduce NOx, but NOx reduction is zero at non-optimal temperatures.

Said it twice, actually. Byproduct waste issues as well.

What are you arguing right now? Do you even know?

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Christ, you must be dyslexic or something. I said it does *not* work when starting up and warming up. The system is supposed to reduce NOx, but NOx reduction is zero at non-optimal temperatures.

Said it twice, actually. Byproduct waste issues as well.

What are you arguing right now? Do you even know?
Lol yeah im dyslexic. Read over your original post and you'll know whos dyslexic. I'm arguing how much of moron you are, along with the other bafoons here who know nothing about cars.

Ahhhhh the idiot's on this forum are incredible.

Ignore list now.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Lol yeah im dyslexic. Read over your original post and you'll know whos dyslexic. I'm arguing how much of moron you are, along with the other bafoons here who know nothing about cars.

Ahhhhh the idiot's on this forum are incredible.
No hope. It's like talking to a brick wall. You wouldn't recognize an optimal temperature range if you tripped over it.

It's ok, you buy all the diesels. IDGAF.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man that went left. All car enthusiasts should get along. Except some prius and BMW drivers. You know the ones im talking about that drive crazy foor no reason. All I'm saying is I get visceral feeling from the sound and growl of all engines and I don't get that from electric cars. But then again I'm one of the millenials that still carry cash and drive manual.
Sponsored