1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

What did you almost buy? And why you chose the Civic

Discussion in 'Civic versus...' started by FK7Hatch, Feb 1, 2017.

1. nick94 Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Sport Touring
    I considered the CRV but I bought the Civic. Less gas, easier to park, better for commuting in a city.

2. nick94 Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Sport Touring
    I am also 5 10 and I have the Touring, too. You can lower the seat and then there is a lot of headroom.

3. MTBhatch

MTBhatch Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
    Before civic hatchback, i was really set on getting the crosstek in 6spd manual. The MPG of the crossteks in manual kind of swayed me towards the civic hatch sport. Great gas MPG and extra oomph sweetened the deal for me.

4. BoxsterSteve

BoxsterSteve still plays with cars...

First Name:
    Steve
    Car(s):
    2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2007 Subaru Forester XS Premium, 2012 Honda Odyssey EX, 2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
    Garage Profiles:
    I wanted a new 2018 Nissan LEAF SL.
    Badly.
    But our recently elected Premier cancelled the EV incentive program the previous provincial government instituted, and that put the kybosh on the LEAF. Too fking expensive to buy without the incentive, I can see the future of the EV in Ontario to be rather bleak.

5. Dis4Damion Member

First Name:
    Damion
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
    I was very close to getting a 2019 VW Jetta SEL Premium, but couldn’t pull the trigger because of diesel gate and it wasn’t sporty. I’m glad I went with my 2018 Civic Sport Touring, the added oomph is a plus!

6. Scott_ATL

Scott_ATL Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    I'd narrowed it down to four in this order: Civic HB EX, the new Insight EX, Toyota Camry SE and the Accord Sport. After driving each, and way too much research, I bought a 2018 Hatchback Sport Touring today. And after the 55 mile home from the dealer, it was the right choice for me.

nick94 thanked this.
  7. zhp4595 New Member

Car(s):
    2018 PMM Civic Hatch 6MT
    Before I got my car I was thinking about the Crosstrek (father really wanted me to get something with AWD), Ford Focus and Kia Soul. The turbo basically sealed the deal for me.

8. Azjose86 Member

First Name:
    Jose
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic SI
    I was set on buying a wrx. Test drive 2 of them and wasn't impressed at all. The turbo lag is a real buzz kill on the car and actually felt slower than the SI. Interior actually was huge difference too. I then test drove a Camry SE and it was a great car, but just couldn't see myself in that car. I wasn't even thinking of an SI, but my bro in law showed me some of its perks. Went to go test drive it, and knew right away it was the car I wanted.

9. civicdabest-foo Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
    I didn't almost buy anything else. Set my sights squarely on the Civic. The 1.5L's MPG just could not be beat, and it is still true. At this price point this thing is the total package. Even refreshed versions of its competitors are not beating its mpg.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 1.5L still gets the best mileage among its peers. 45+ hwy mpg with gusto :spaz:, from an engine that's less than the size of a 2L coke bottle..... the best handling FWD in the segment...... :drive:

xbbnx thanked this.
  10. BarracksSi

BarracksSi Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
    This is a bold statement to make...

... but the results that came out of SCCA Solo II Nationals suggest that it's an accurate statement.

xcoreflyup thanked this.
  11. Aurelleah Senior Member

First Name:
    Aurelleah
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic EX
    FYI that car in 1989 costed $41K in today's money https://i.imgur.com/4ctIaSP.png you gotta adjust for inflation when going back that far

12. civicdabest-foo Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
    Agreed, it's a bummer that the incentive is cancelled. TBH though, the Insight fills in this gap nicely. Not much more than the Touring 1.5L and gets 50+ mpg on average. I'd have a Leaf were it not for the fact that I need to drive 200 miles on a highway.