maeng97

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Great perspective. I found myself laughing at the similarities you created to things that also drive me nuts.

One irony came through though. You mentioned turn signal stalks. I love the momentary 3-blink setup without having to lock the stalk in position, but I don't like how hard you have to press to make the turn signals lock on. Every time I do it, it feels like I'm going to snap the stalk off. I'm still working on my muscle memory, avoiding pressing to lock.
Really? I actually like the tactile feel of the turn signal stalks. If you have ever driven a Toyota, Hyundai, Kia product, they feel like really plasticky and cheap. Even on some Lexus vehicles. All the buttons, switches, and levers feel like they were engineered very thoroughly and feel very durable. I think all Hondas are known for this, same cannot be said for Toyotas, Hyundais and Kias. There's a plus side as well; every control will feel the same even after ten, twenty years of owning the car.
Sponsored

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I choose a 2016 Mazda MX-5 gently used with club package and BBS and Brembos in Meteor Gray with soft top. Paid 28k with only 1.1k miles and included an after market muffler and lowering springs.

I turned down a 2017 CTR at MSRP in CW color.

Long story short I couldn’t wait for the CTR.

I was interested again when they started coming out until I saw dealers jacking up ADM and fact that the Civics are just obnoxious looking in general. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if you are driving since you don’t have to look at it.

After seeing some in person they do look better in the Wild. However I don’t really regret my purchase.

I also have a 2017 GTI sport with stage 1 tune and DSG to satisfy my need for speed.

I was interested in the 2019 base CTR if they ever realease it or make an AWD CTR and Honda will probably reclaim my business.

Or even if they made an Si hatchback.

Cheers

ebang

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
I bought a 2018 Touring.
Really wanted the 2018 Accord 2/0 Touring but it was almost 12000 more here in Canada.
Looked at a really nice 2015 Acura TLX Tech AWD loaded with 36000kms for about 1000 less than what I paid for the Civic before the taxes and warranty.
Decided to go new.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I bought a 2018 Touring.
Really wanted the 2018 Accord 2/0 Touring but it was almost 12000 more here in Canada.
Looked at a really nice 2015 Acura TLX Tech AWD loaded with 36000kms for about 1000 less than what I paid for the Civic before the taxes and warranty.
Decided to go new.
Good choice! Although Canada does get more snow than us Ohio folk, however if you know how to drive a car it don’t matter how many wheels are turning

2CAMS

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
gti. bought the SI cause vw didnt want to negotiate

pnf1684

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 4dr
I had a tough time with the Civic. I looked seriously at an Accord EX-L. I was coming off a lease with a 2014 Mazda 6. Amazing car, problematic features, a little rough around the edges. The Civic Touring was a good blend of cost, size, features, and handling. I prefer a small, light car. Mazda 3 hatch with 2.5 was tempting but why are its 0-60 times so much slower than a heavier Mazda 6? At the time in late 2016 I think the Civic was the best way to go. Now I'm very tempted to go back to Mazda. They've added a lot of sound deadening, upgraded the interior, and now you can get a 2.5 turbo for a very reasonable price with much better options than an Accord 2.0 Sport. As far as mileage goes I'm usually in the low to mid 30's with mixed, heavy footed driving, no eco mode, no sport mode. I live in upstate NY so that includes a lot of remote starts. My record high was 2.5 hours of highway driving with cruise control at 67. Location was a similar altitude to start. I got 54 MPG! Usually if I try a little the low to mid 40's are possible on the highway. If I don't care and I do a lot of highway I get 38 avg. BTW I only use premium fuel. Also, I finally fixed the sub woofer rattle. I'll include that in another thread.

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring, 2007 Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one ever seems to believe me but.... Civic was my only choice, I was bloody obsessed I tell you, I had to have a black on black civic.... as far as why... Because Civic... isnt that enough??

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@Dragon Systems then you must not have a lot of money or just are very frugal. An you don’t desire an exciting and engaging driving experience.

But hey at least you can always smile at the gas pumps ; )

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really think you are missing the boat my friend... See... I drive 50K+ a year, if I really wanted performance, I could have afforded a Type R, an Si, or any number of reasonably late model high performance non-M, non-AMG model Europeans, but I didnt, I wanted a car that would last forever, and do so without requiring payment in the form of my first born.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Have not had a toy since I sold my Stook. Honda was my only choice. Maybe in 2021 an R?

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They did offer me a type r... they really didn't want to get a car from another dealer... but I had to have black on black and I wanted a touring car, not a rally car

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They did offer me a type r... they really didn't want to get a car from another dealer... but I had to have black on black and I wanted a touring car, not a rally car
You don't need to justify, all the touring models are great. CTR is overkill for many peeps.

What I think is funny is most peeps that acknowledge my Si aggressively are pickup trucks and SUVs. Its like whaaaaaa. Tho an old WRX did so today in heavy traffic. He nearly crashed trying to show off lol. I'm in my 40's, I just like the driving experience not the race.

Dragon Systems

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, like overkill gas milage... plus, honestly, I feel like the drive train in these cars is a giant question mark, the only thing that convinced me to risk it was the fact that my dealership was doing the free lifetime powertrain warranty... to be honest, what I really wanted was a black on black 2015 Si coupe, but they are holding their value better than I like for a 2 or 3 year old car and I feel like the values have to tank eventually, so I felt like if I paid $20kish for a 15 I was going to be overpaying for what is now a 2 year old outgoing model, I felt the same way about the Accord... I would have given a manual accord EX-L V6 a chance if they had offered the deal I wanted, but with it being a lesser car than the new civic in nearly every way AND an outgoing model, even though the unit I wanted was like 32K MSRP I told the dealer I would not even consider paying more for the accord than a new civic Touring, and they never brought up accord again
Sponsored