What did you almost buy? And why you chose the Civic

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
2016 Focus ST - Extremely unimpressed with this thing. It wasn't fast, super cramped on the inside, and just so blah looking. I drove the ST3 package too, so it was a $34,000 Ford Focus... I'd just get an RS if I was spending that much.
I'm considering some of the same cars. Curious about the comment above. I've heard a lot of things about the FoST, but "not fast" definitely isn't one of them. Not, at least, relative to the other cars you mentioned. Are you referring to the way it feels? Something non-quantifiable?

I haven't driven one yet, so I have no first-hand experience.
Sponsored

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
You're trying to tell me a Cruze got 72mpg? I don't believe it for a second. Not even the diesel gets that.

You'd have to chain yourself to the back of a semi truck to get that.

This is right off Fuelly.com... Where all the hypermilers hang out.
Capture.PNG
The Cruze hypermilers hang out on Cruzetalk. Plenty of records being broken on this forum. And in this instance, the Eco has beaten the diesel.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22778

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm considering some of the same cars. Curious about the comment above. I've heard a lot of things about the FoST, but "not fast" definitely isn't one of them. Not, at least, relative to the other cars you mentioned. Are you referring to the way it feels? Something non-quantifiable?

I haven't driven one yet, so I have no first-hand experience.
I'm comparing it to fast cars. The Focus ST isn't any faster than the EX-T Civic. It feels good in the corners, but it's acceleration is nothing special. My lightly modded 2003 WRX pulls WAY harder than the Focus ST.

Look up the 1/4 mile times for the Focus ST... they are not impressive at all.

The Cruze hypermilers hang out on Cruzetalk. Plenty of records being broken on this forum. And in this instance, the Eco has beaten the diesel.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22778
Did you know our Civic gets 111mpg? Here's proof.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you almost buy? And why you chose the Civic 2016-09-17 19.21.48

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The type r. Reason why I didn’t buy it? Didn’t want to get ripped off. Don’t get me wrong, I could afford it. I just don’t want to overpay for it. Glad I got the si for my daily needs.

Jeffd34

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Coming from a manual Subaru Crosstrek I needed something with more power, better handling, and Android auto. I travel about 1hr to work each day so a good infotainment system, and overall comfort was a must. I looked at and test drove a GTI, and a Focus RS. The GTI was just too small so that was off the list fairly quick. I then drove the Focus ST. The power the ST has is impressive but the interior felt outdated. I ended up choosing a white SI. It has everything I need, more power, great interior, and overall better styling than the other two cars I look ked at. Couldn't be happier. Oh and 38 mpg is pretty nice too!

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ford Focus RS...

One thing kept me from it, the damn center console is too wide close to the dash and it felt like my knees were being pushed to the left too much. Other than that I really liked the car. But wouldn't trade my Si for anything now.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Maxima SR. The shopping experience was a bag of dicks.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Sounds like they shafted you CIVICSPORT :)

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
Prius Prime. They're fugly but efficient. Good incentives in CA but we already have 2 EV's. BUT, we have 2 teen drivers. The Si was insurance that they could NOT steal my car. Otherwise, my daughter (and soon to be driving son) drive all the other cars.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Quite a difference their Prius/SI.:coffee:

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
Ford Focus RS...

One thing kept me from it, the damn center console is too wide close to the dash and it felt like my knees were being pushed to the left too much. Other than that I really liked the car. But wouldn't trade my Si for anything now.
probably a good thing, seeing as ford installed the mustang ecoboost headgasket on the rs, a lot of people are seeing theirs fail.

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
Currently own a 2016 Civic LX Manual (absolutely love it) but debating to either get a:
  • Used 2017/18 Honda Civic SI Model (hard to find these used or for lower than $20k since they are so new)
  • Used 2014/15 Audi A4 Quattro S-Line [MANUAL] (Found one online for $18,000 w/ 35k miles)
Want a turbo engine so I can tune and enjoy driving it a bit more. The 2.0L on the civic w/ VTEC just doesn't quite do it for me despite having a tune. Both are around the same price.. Thoughts/Advice?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Currently own a 2016 Civic LX Manual (absolutely love it) but debating to either get a:
  • Used 2017/18 Honda Civic SI Model (hard to find these used or for lower than $20k since they are so new)
  • Used 2014/15 Audi A4 Quattro S-Line [MANUAL] (Found one online for $18,000 w/ 35k miles)
Want a turbo engine so I can tune and enjoy driving it a bit more. The 2.0L on the civic w/ VTEC just doesn't quite do it for me despite having a tune. Both are around the same price.. Thoughts/Advice?
Those are two good choices. I always like getting a bargain and that Audi is a bargain. But of course, the Audi will likely require more maintenance & repair costs. I own a 2001 540i and that car requires quite a bit of maintenance and repair costs. Yes, it's much older but practically since day one, it's been a maintenance diva. Yet, I freakin love that car. I love the Si too and truth be told, the Si will smoke the Audi in the twisties and is the better driver's car, but you will give up some luxury. Tough choice, cuz I love feeling pampered. Lol. Perhaps trust your instincts.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Looked at a lot of cars including GLI, Mazda, Elantra Sport and Civic SI, ultimately it came down to Elantra Sport and Civic SI. Both were manual 6spd, one had 201HP and the other 205HP, surprisingly the mpg on the Elantra was said to be only 33 highway, however this is because Hyundai got it trouble for reporting wrong on previous years and now are underrating they’re cars... ultimately there was only 1 Elantra 6spd within 200 miles of me and it was a Demo car and already has 3k miles on it. So i decided on the Civic, granted it had 150 miles on it but way better than 3k!
Sponsored