turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I think you should be fine, Ive read on here in other places of people doing similar and not have any problems.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
only time will tell in situations lile this. you may be perfectly ok, or you may spin a rod bearing in 3k miles (what happened to my friend years ago with hs gsr).

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I money shifted for the first time in my life yesterday. Was at the top of 3rd doing 85ish merging onto an interstate. I had a large drink in the cup holder and it threw off my hand position, i guess. Anyway, shifted from 3rd to 2nd gear. Terrible over rev noise. Instantly slammed the clutch back in. Car seems to be running fine, but I know something had to have been damaged.

Dumbest fucking cup holder placement in history.... the technician who approved it. Should be hung by the neck.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Dumbest fucking cup holder placement in history.... the technician who approved it. Should be hung by the neck.
i agree thats why i use the one thats deep in the console at the bottom. the sliding one holds the drinks too high.

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
or just know your car....they thought about that already and made a deeper one in the bottom of the console.

Last edited:

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
my water bottle clunks around in the deeper one.. i end up having to push the upper one up to brace it but still occasionally bangs around.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
my water bottle clunks around in the deeper one.. i end up having to push the upper one up to brace it but still occasionally bangs around.
Put it in the bottom one the slide the top to hold it in place.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda’s are well know for durability, cars, motorcycles, etc. I highly doubt you caused any damage. These poor little 4 cylinders have been beaten to death over the years, and they keep going.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I owned an 85 CRX stick and also owned a 97 civic stick, beat the hell out of both of those cars, never even had to replace the clutch on either of them. You’ll be fine plus you’re under warranty.

clutchfear

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge avenger , previous 2013 dodge dart manual
Country flag
Honda’s are well know for durability, cars, motorcycles, etc. I highly doubt you caused any damage. These poor little 4 cylinders have been beaten to death over the years, and they keep going.
Not so sure that the latest generation is overall comparable to the previous and much older generations. Just saying.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
I owned an 85 CRX stick and also owned a 97 civic stick, beat the hell out of both of those cars, never even had to replace the clutch on either of them. You’ll be fine plus you’re under warranty.
you do know they dont make cars that reliable anymore right?

build quality compared to a 20 yr old honda to a brand new one differs a lot.

not saying these new hondas arent reliable but they dont make them like they used to anymore.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Only time will tell
Sponsored