OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, I predict that these issues will start to get even worse as the cars ages, and the fragile plastic parts start to get brittle from heat and UV sunlight.

Once they get old and Brittle, there will be no detaching & re-attaching without the plastic breaking, and needing repair with 2 part epoxy etc
Which is sad; I’ve also noticed the window trim is peeling off in some places and that was something I noticed in my last 10th gen as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mine hasn't snapped back the same ever since i removed it the first time. I've been too lazy to remove it and try to make it fit better so it's gonna stay that way until i decide to remove it i guess.
Any of the clips broken?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Any of the clips broken?
not that i saw. the tabs on the bumper does look a little "stretched" though if you know what i mean.

If i push it in, it'll be flush but just pops back out so i might add some plastic weld to make the holes on the tabs slightly smaller and/or to try heating the plastic clips on the brackets under the headlight and the fender area with a heat gun and bend it up and see if it clips in better.

Thats when i have more free time to remove the bumper again and to mess with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 61RciKw

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not that i saw. the tabs on the bumper does look a little "stretched" though if you know what i mean.

If i push it in, it'll be flush but just pops back out so i might add some plastic weld to make the holes on the tabs slightly smaller and/or to try heating the plastic clips on the brackets under the headlight and the fender area with a heat gun and bend it up and see if it clips in better.

Thats when i have more free time to remove the bumper again and to mess with it.
61RciKw.jpg
What does behind your side marker look like? Mine is all jacked up.

Do you have a gap between the headlights and the bumper too?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
What does behind your side marker look like? Mine is all jacked up.

Do you have a gap between the headlights and the bumper too?
mines clean. The side is easy to pop off so i popped it off the other day and none of the tabs were broken. Just looked "worn and stretched". I'm thinking thats why it's not clipping as good as it was before.

My gap between the headlight bumper isnt as bad as yours. I only really see the very outer clip under the headlights. If i push it in, a lot of the gaps on the fender area gets minimized also so i'm thinking i should try to do some adjustments to make it fit better in that area. I just didn't look too close cause in order to pop out that area i have to remove a lot more clips to pop it out.

Everywhere else is fine though. I suggest you fix those tabs with some plastic weld and then see how it is.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mines clean. The side is easy to pop off so i popped it off the other day and none of the tabs were broken. Just looked "worn and stretched". I'm thinking thats why it's not clipping as good as it was before.

My gap between the headlight bumper isnt as bad as yours. I only really see the very outer clip under the headlights. If i push it in, a lot of the gaps on the fender area gets minimized also so i'm thinking i should try to do some adjustments to make it fit better in that area. I just didn't look too close cause in order to pop out that area i have to remove a lot more clips to pop it out.

Everywhere else is fine though. I suggest you fix those tabs with some plastic weld and then see how it is.
That’s the plan, I just am worried about the overall longevity of some of these plastic pieces. Unless something did hit me and left no damage, but I have spent a good 10 minutes hyper analyzing the area for impact marks and found nothing.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That’s the plan, I just am worried about the overall longevity of some of these plastic pieces. Unless something did hit me and left no damage, but I have spent a good 10 minutes hyper analyzing the area for impact marks and found nothing.
plastic bumper clips are always an issue. Not just on this car but any car.
Doesn't help that honda used some very fragile clips. I've heard of people replacing the plastic bracket with the clips to fix the issues but i rather attempt the heat gun method first before i go and throw money at it.

i do want to plastic weld some of the tabs that look stretched and worn though. Better to do it now before it completely disintegrates like how yours is.

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
I didn’t see any fitment issues when they returned it after repair. Looking at older photos I took the gap doesn’t appear as large as it is now. I’m looking for any evidence of damage but I cannot see any.

604E65A4-7125-4D72-831A-7D6BD0EC619D.jpeg

B772DF4A-D720-4FD6-B5BC-B368D1696787.jpeg

9F4039BE-338A-40EF-A477-25DBBF73B032.jpeg
For some reason in these pictures I feel the gap was there also but you didn’t notice it

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I didn’t see any fitment issues when they returned it after repair. Looking at older photos I took the gap doesn’t appear as large as it is now. I’m looking for any evidence of damage but I cannot see any.

604E65A4-7125-4D72-831A-7D6BD0EC619D.jpeg

B772DF4A-D720-4FD6-B5BC-B368D1696787.jpeg

9F4039BE-338A-40EF-A477-25DBBF73B032.jpeg
My Bumper was repainted driver side was slightly hit. But I notice today my passenger front bumper looks like yours I agree with someone saying on this thread sometimes shops brake up things and put it back togethee tight pretending nothing happen here are somoe pics just like yours same side

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 20191024_180243

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 20191024_180236

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 20191024_180239

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There's a reason I *never* skimp out on the cost of a high quality body shop. There's one shop in particular that I trust with any of my cars- it's also a one man operation and he isn't cheap. But the quality of his work is beyond top notch.

Body shops are like any business. Time is money. And if you got a great quote, they might be rushing things to get you that price. Maybe 9/10 times things go without a hitch. Until you come in and you're the 10th time.

If it bothers you that bad, I would look to another shop to have them fix the broken clips and reinstall the bumper. It might cost you... but what's your personal sanity worth? I bet that misaligned bumper is driving you crazy.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
There's a reason I *never* skimp out on the cost of a high quality body shop. There's one shop in particular that I trust with any of my cars- it's also a one man operation and he isn't cheap. But the quality of his work is beyond top notch.

Body shops are like any business. Time is money. And if you got a great quote, they might be rushing things to get you that price. Maybe 9/10 times things go without a hitch. Until you come in and you're the 10th time.

If it bothers you that bad, I would look to another shop to have them fix the broken clips and reinstall the bumper. It might cost you... but what's your personal sanity worth? I bet that misaligned bumper is driving you crazy.
Yeah thats what I did when i took the Car in
Its my Insurance Bodyshop
But i might look for other one . It does drive me crazy Lol i dont any broken clips yet i try to open a little bit yesrerday the clips are fine till what i could of see yet

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Bought these on Friday due to my bumper on the driver side looking like ass this is for my 19 si sedan has had this issue since i bought it. Took it to Piedmont Honda here in Sc they sent me to their shop that claimed nothing was wrong with it alas a year later still having an issue so im going to replace the clips my damn self. If you want something done right gotta do it yourself ft dealership

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 48EDE7BC-72A4-4DBA-AB7D-1563532A3BCC

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? 066C9C75-B7AE-4BA6-A7CF-5C0A9CEAD16A

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Good advice here nothing to add. That is how bodyshops roll especially one's that handle Insurance claims. They rush and break some tabs then try to cover it up....

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same issue with my former 17 Si. it was the right front you can see it by the turn signal.
mercifully my Type R doesnt have this issue........................yet..

Honda Civic 10th gen What could cause this..? DSCF0504.JPG

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good advice here nothing to add. That is how bodyshops roll especially one's that handle Insurance claims. They rush and break some tabs then try to cover it up....
Well in my case it was already broken lol from the impact (7 mph...) body shop just didn’t repair it correctly I guess. I stopped caring about it because it’s hardly noticeable
Sponsored