Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I've been lurking around a lot trying to find good info on this but never got the answer I was looking for. My car isn't highly modded but just the ktuner with 21 psi overpowered the clutch at 18k km...been babying it for 20k and now that I have some money I want to spend it on the right clutch kit. I drive the car 30-40k /year mainly highway but I also hit traffic everyday. I don't mind extra pedal pressure and revving it a bit more to launch but I also don't want to replace it within 2 years either. I'm not slipping the clutch to take off or being generally hard on one but my estimation of power from this car won't go over 300lbs at the wheels for sure.

I got the ktuner and stage 1 intake from PRL and the most this car will ever get is the intercooler a full exhaust and maybe the cobra intake. No bigger turbos or anything.

Here is where I need guidance:

1- get a clutch that holds at least 300ft-lbs and keep the stock flywheel and probably afford the upgraded intercooler from PRL.
2- get a clutch and lightweight flywheel.
3- get just a clutch and spend the rest somewhere else.
4- maybe the CTR conversion clutch if it can hold the torque? How much money am I looking at and any custom work to be done?

I'd like to know what you'd do and which clutch to get in your opinion. I haven't seen a lot on spec clutch lately, mostly clutch masters and ACT recently came out with a kit but they seem to be out of stock already. Being in Canada makes matters a bit harder but I can easily get either CM or ACT from local shops. Exedy is out of the question as their stage 1 is only rated for 230 wheel torque and the tune alone will be over that.

Thanks a lot for your input on this
Sponsored

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eman's retrofit clutch is the most popular with no complaints. Link: https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro/10thgen-si-hatchback-clutch-and-flywheel-kit

I've heard pretty good things about ACT clutch. The only thing that I've heard to be problematic is lockout during WOT. I've also heard that getting a new CMC fixes this, but there isn't a CMC that fits well with this clutch yet.
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...7-18-honda-civic-15t-17-19-civic-si-hc10-hdss
Eman’s cmc works for any clutch. Modified oem type r and si cmc

OP
OP
Benster

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thank for the replies, I wasn't expecting the CTR retrofit to be that expensive wow. My budget just got lowered by half so if I were to just do a CM FX250 with the stock flywheel, would the upgraded CMC be still needed or it's mostly with lightweight flywheels?

I def don't want clutch lockout at high rpm for sure.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thank for the replies, I wasn't expecting the CTR retrofit to be that expensive wow. My budget just got lowered by half so if I were to just do a CM FX250 with the stock flywheel, would the upgraded CMC be still needed or it's mostly with lightweight flywheels?

I def don't want clutch lockout at high rpm for sure.
I wouldn't get a CM I've only heard problems including chatter and slippage/ replacing them a year to two later. I would recommend buying the ACT or Eman's. No point of buying a crappy clutch. Also there people on here who have taken care of their OEM clutch to 100k with a tune before replacing. It's kinda how you drive. I've heard that you can't go WOT until after 3k and that in the higher gears (5-6) PSI shouldn't be that high, (you can limit it) then you will be fine.
Sponsored