What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si?

Sisedan4762

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si , 2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Lack of auto dim rear view mirror as standard equipment
Sound system
How the auto headlights stay on after turning the car off (have to open and close the door for them to go off).

With that being said, Honda did pretty well if those are my biggest complaints lol. Great car!
Sponsored

Deatrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Lack of auto dim rear view mirror as standard equipment
Sound system
How the auto headlights stay on after turning the car off (have to open and close the door for them to go off).

With that being said, Honda did pretty well if those are my biggest complaints lol. Great car!
I'm fairly certain that the length of time that auto headlights are set to turn off is an option that can be changed in the infotainment vehicle ->lighting options

Sisedan4762

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si , 2015 Chevy SS Sedan
I'm fairly certain that the length of time that auto headlights are set to turn off is an option that can be changed in the infotainment vehicle ->lighting options
It is, but the option must be for the delay in turning them off after the door is closed. Even when that option is set to 0 seconds, the door still has to be opened and closed before the lights actually turn off.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Clutch
Clutch
Clutch
Hahahahaha, It just has no feel and you can tell not going to last long especially for guys beating on the cars or flashed.
The clutch in the R is perfect in my opinion and was wondering if it fits the SI?

NoWin

Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, bought used not new?
Sold new in early Oct 2017 from a dealership in CT. Traded mid Dec 2017 to the local Honda dealer here in Auburn. 5,900 miles. Excellent condition. The dealer is up on a hill overlooking Rt. 20, so you only see the front line of cars, so it had much cookie-loos when you drove up to the front, but with this color, few takers.

Wife and I were going in that week to look (and buy) at a new Accord, but saw this on their used inventory on the web...that changed what we were thinking of getting right there....still need a new daily driver later this year when the Ford Fusion reaches its end (2006, 195k, soon to need a full exhaust, plenty of dings and small scratahes), and we like the Accords, but I can be swayed by a Civic Touring when that time comes...

Last edited:

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Prius
Country flag
Sold new in early Oct 2017 from a dealership in CT. Traded mid Dec 2017 to the local Honda dealer here in Auburn. 5,900 miles.
I am always baffled by cars that are traded after short periods of time - but 2 months? Wow!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I am always baffled by cars that are traded after short periods of time - but 2 months? Wow!
Yeah what was the reason for the trade-in? Type-R perhaps?

NoWin

Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah what was the reason for the trade-in? Type-R perhaps?
Don't know, but the rep says he was a middle aged fellow, and the guy had clear, paid, title, and it was a trade for something he would not say. The dealer did have 3 CTR's shipped, all coming in back in June 2017, but I think they were all sold by the fall.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Sold new in early Oct 2017 from a dealership in CT. Traded mid Dec 2017 to the local Honda dealer here in Auburn. 5,900 miles.
That's a LOT of miles for less than two months of ownership! That a minimum of 35K miles per year if the ownership period was the first day of October to the last day of December (a full two months), but it could have been the last week of October and the first week of December!

Don't know, but the rep says he was a middle aged fellow, and the guy had clear, paid, title, and it was a trade for something he would not say. The dealer did have 3 CTR's shipped, all coming in back in June 2017, but I think they were all sold by the fall.
In the last ten years, I've traded in two new Hondas with paid titles for other new Hondas within 90 days. The first was a 2009 Civic EX that I traded for a 2010 Ridgeline RTL. The second was a 2016 CR-V Touring that I traded for a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E. I'm not quite "middle-aged" yet, but it happens! The cars I traded still had the factory floor mats wrapped in plastic sitting in the trunks.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
That's a LOT of miles for less than two months of ownership! That a minimum of 35K miles per year if the ownership period was the first day of October to the last day of December (a full two months), but it could have been the last week of October and the first week of December!

In the last ten years, I've traded in two new Hondas with paid titles for other new Hondas within 90 days. The first was a 2009 Civic EX that I traded for a 2010 Ridgeline RTL. The second was a 2016 CR-V Touring that I traded for a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E. I'm not quite "middle-aged" yet, but it happens! The cars I traded still had the factory floor mats wrapped in plastic sitting in the trunks.
How much money do you lose doing a deal like that?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much money do you lose doing a deal like that?
Not much or I wouldn't do it. I'm a tightwad! :)

Several things work in my favor:

1. Hondas hold their value well.
2. I keep my vehicles impeccably clean and all-original.
3. I keep friends in the business.
4. I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge by buying, selling, and trading a much higher-than-average number of vehicles over the years. I know my way around a dealership and a transaction.
5. I'm quick to praise a fair dealer and send them business and quick to take business away from those who try to do me wrong.

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
1. seatbelt is not adjustable
2. auto-dim rearview mirror not standard
3. lack of touch controls on the steering wheel (i got really used to my wife's 17 CR-V Touring with this feature and now miss it)

bonus complaint: while the Honda sensing camera on the pass. side is kinda cool and useful at times, it throws off the balance of the car, aesthetically.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Not much or I wouldn't do it. I'm a tightwad! :)

Several things work in my favor:

1. Hondas hold their value well.
2. I keep my vehicles impeccably clean and all-original.
3. I keep friends in the business.
4. I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge by buying, selling, and trading a much higher-than-average number of vehicles over the years. I know my way around a dealership and a transaction.
5. I'm quick to praise a fair dealer and send them business and quick to take business away from those who try to do me wrong.
Interesting! I always assumed that the worst time to trade a car in would be shortly after buying it as you eat a lot of depreciation just driving it off the lot. When would you say the best time to trade in a Honda would be if you want to balance your TCO with driving a new car fairly often?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. seatbelt is not adjustable
They are on the sedan. ;)

Interesting! I always assumed that the worst time to trade a car in would be shortly after buying it as you eat a lot of depreciation just driving it off the lot. When would you say the best time to trade in a Honda would be if you want to balance your TCO with driving a new car fairly often?
I would imagine you're right. I can't give you an exact answer, but I can confidently say "longer than zroger73 typically keeps a vehicle"!

People have told me I should lease, but most leases are three years and I don't like to keep a vehicle that long. So far, I've done as good or better than a lease by buying and trading.

As with anything else, you want to buy low and sell high. I make sure I get within a few hundred dollars of the lowest possible price on a new vehicle then keep it looking and working new so that I can demand top dollar for it when I trade it. Trading is easier than selling outright and I save on taxes.
Sponsored