What are the best fitting/easy to install aftermarket speaker upgrades? Specifically for a LX Coupe

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That would be very helpful, thanks!!!
There are no specs on the crossovers, but they are small and cheap. So I'm guessing there's a low pass for the woofers and a high pass for the tweeters.

Those tweeters frequency range start at 2khz unlike the 4k yours do, but that doesn't mean the woofers are necessarily crossed over there. They might be though :rolleyes::confused:

I can pack em up for ya if ya want to try
Sponsored

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
There are no specs on the crossovers, but they are small and cheap. So I'm guessing there's a low pass for the woofers and a high pass for the tweeters.

Those tweeters frequency range start at 2khz unlike the 4k yours do, but that doesn't mean the woofers are necessarily crossed over there. They might be though :rolleyes::confused:

I can pack em up for ya if ya want to try
Awesome, thanks a ton for taking the time to look into it!

Do you happen to recall what the make/model of the components they are from?

I want to try and to see if I can look up the specs first.

Once again thank you!

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, thanks a ton for taking the time to look into it!

Do you happen to recall what the make/model of the components they are from?

I want to try and to see if I can look up the specs first.

Once again thank you!
Here's the company link for the set

http://m.orioncaraudio.com/cobalt-series-component-systems-/66-co652-65-inch-2-way-.html

This one shows the crossover
http://m.orioncaraudio.com/cobalt-series-coaxial-speakers-/771-cobalt-co652.html

Mid separate
http://m.orioncaraudio.com/cm-series/741--cm65.html

Tweeters
http://m.orioncaraudio.com/cobalt-bullet-tweeter/641-cobalt-cotw1.html

sjnibbe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX Black, 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally went budget first in my LX Coupe for the sound system. I also have the dasaita head unit (totally worth the cost in the one place I spent a considerable amount of money) I got the top of the line on the head unit. To power the internet I went with the TMobile sync up drive. It just works better than tethering my phone every time I get in the car along with draining my battery even if the phone is charging. The launcher your using definitely makes a huge difference in the performance of the head unit. I personally like Apollo the best. As far as speakers go, nothing fits. Be prepared to figure out your own solution. That being said I found that for the best balance of sound quality, install ease, and affordability simple infinity speakers for the front doors and rear deck along with a Rockford Fosgate 12 punch sub with the amp already built in made as much of a difference as a $1200 system that a high pressure salesman from a chain tried to talk me into. The head unit was 500 from Amazon and the speakers sub and wiring was a little over 300 from crutchfield. Just note price check everything. Crutchfield will match prices. They won't be thrilled but they will do it. Then you have a little piece of mind about returns, warranty and tech support. But the speakers regardless of what they are wont fit for shit. I resorted to destroying the stock speakers and using the original brackets to fabricate a hidious but functional mounting apparatus for the speakers. A little insulation some sweat and a lot of cussing later the speakers are so much better than stock that it was worth the effort and once the panels are back on and it all fits you can't see the crime scene that is the mounting brackets i made. It sounded pretty good just there but with a very small amount of sound proofing using the cheapest shit imaginable the quality of sound is much more satisfying than anything else I've personally experienced in a Civic Coupe. Adding tweeters just doesn't do much for this set up for the added cost, headache and strain on the battery and alternater. The tweeters really are just a gimmick here. Don't waste the time, energy or money on them unless you can't live with out them and you have cash to waste. Hope that helps. You can definitely get more complicated and expensive if that's your desire, but you can have an amazing system on the cheap and no one will know but you.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Also I got the tweeter trim panels from hondaautomotiveparts.com (part #'s 76220-TBG-A11ZA and 76270-TBG-A11ZA) for $10.17 each (shipping was $8.26), which actually came with the factory tweeters already attached (I didn't even know the panels included them).
What? Wow that's a good deal then!

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

Thanks again for taking the time in providing those links! I tried to search online for the crossover specs, but was unable to find them either.

If I were to install that crossover (starting with the wiring going from my head unit to that crossover), it looks like it'll split the signal with a wire going to the mid-range speaker and another going to the tweeter.

Since I currently already have a high-pass tweeter crossover in-between the tweeter and stock factory speaker, do you think adding the band-pass crossover in addition to the tweeter crossover would cause any conflicts?

Ideally, I was hoping to avoid removing the crossover that came with my polk db1001's since it would require cutting it off, and am not sure if it would cause any issues in sound quality if the tweeter signal goes through 2 crossovers before it reaches the tweeter.

Apologies for all the noob questions, I'm still relatively unfamiliar with this subject matter and highly appreciate all of the help!

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I personally went budget first in my LX Coupe for the sound system. I also have the dasaita head unit (totally worth the cost in the one place I spent a considerable amount of money) I got the top of the line on the head unit. To power the internet I went with the TMobile sync up drive. It just works better than tethering my phone every time I get in the car along with draining my battery even if the phone is charging. The launcher your using definitely makes a huge difference in the performance of the head unit. I personally like Apollo the best. As far as speakers go, nothing fits. Be prepared to figure out your own solution. That being said I found that for the best balance of sound quality, install ease, and affordability simple infinity speakers for the front doors and rear deck along with a Rockford Fosgate 12 punch sub with the amp already built in made as much of a difference as a $1200 system that a high pressure salesman from a chain tried to talk me into. The head unit was 500 from Amazon and the speakers sub and wiring was a little over 300 from crutchfield. Just note price check everything. Crutchfield will match prices. They won't be thrilled but they will do it. Then you have a little piece of mind about returns, warranty and tech support. But the speakers regardless of what they are wont fit for shit. I resorted to destroying the stock speakers and using the original brackets to fabricate a hidious but functional mounting apparatus for the speakers. A little insulation some sweat and a lot of cussing later the speakers are so much better than stock that it was worth the effort and once the panels are back on and it all fits you can't see the crime scene that is the mounting brackets i made. It sounded pretty good just there but with a very small amount of sound proofing using the cheapest shit imaginable the quality of sound is much more satisfying than anything else I've personally experienced in a Civic Coupe. Adding tweeters just doesn't do much for this set up for the added cost, headache and strain on the battery and alternater. The tweeters really are just a gimmick here. Don't waste the time, energy or money on them unless you can't live with out them and you have cash to waste. Hope that helps. You can definitely get more complicated and expensive if that's your desire, but you can have an amazing system on the cheap and no one will know but you.
Thanks for all your input! That's odd how you didn't get a positive result with tweeters, as I currently have them installed along with a subwoofer both added on my original stock 4-speaker LX Coupe factory system, and simply adding the highs and lows improved the system to sound a million times better, filling in the significant deficit of the missing low and high ends that the original factory LX lacked.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks again for taking the time in providing those links! I tried to search online for the crossover specs, but was unable to find them either.

If I were to install that crossover (starting with the wiring going from my head unit to that crossover), it looks like it'll split the signal with a wire going to the mid-range speaker and another going to the tweeter.

Since I currently already have a high-pass tweeter crossover in-between the tweeter and stock factory speaker, do you think adding the band-pass crossover in addition to the tweeter crossover would cause any conflicts?

Ideally, I was hoping to avoid removing the crossover that came with my polk db1001's since it would require cutting it off, and am not sure if it would cause any issues in sound quality if the tweeter signal goes through 2 crossovers before it reaches the tweeter.

Apologies for all the noob questions, I'm still relatively unfamiliar with this subject matter and highly appreciate all of the help!
Your concerns are valid. Running your tweeter after the crossover shouldn't matter, but you can always split the tweeter off beforehand

Down the road, an electronic crossover will give you many more options and better sound
Sponsored