What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Rev hang is cured with a tune, I have K-tuner with TSP Stage 1.

I don't have creaks and rattles. I have a coupe, which is assembled in Canada.

I wonder if the sedans made in USA are the rattlers.

I hate how slow the head unit is.

And of course, the lousy clutch.

The LSD makes the car, almost lets me forget that it's FWD, which I generally can't stand.
My Alliston born coupe has one rattle - the centre of the dash around the centre speaker. I'm not surprised, though. Doesn't rattle a lot, but if you listen for it, you can hear it.
Sponsored

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I love the overall package of the Si, being a fun car to drive without compromise on practicality. It’s the perfect daily driver for me.

I can’t say I hate anything about it, but I do have some minor gripes. My biggest gripe would probably be not having a remote starter. I get that it’s a manual and knew that it was a sacrifice I was making when I bought it, and I could get an aftermarket solution for like $500, but I wish it just came with one from the factory. Other than that all I could really complain about is the chrome window trim (which I blacked out already) and the fact that I have to plug my phone in to use apple car play (which I can’t blame Honda for).
Agreed it would be nice if there factory installed remote starter but it should be optional. Living in SoCal, I dont want to pay extra for something I never use.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My Alliston born coupe has one rattle - the centre of the dash around the centre speaker. I'm not surprised, though. Doesn't rattle a lot, but if you listen for it, you can hear it.
Mine is right underneath my steering wheel by the fuses.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate the cloth armrests. They get dirty after a drive. Also hate the piano black pieces on the steering wheel and below the shifter.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Q: What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?
A: My wife drives it

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I hate the parking brake... absolutely HATE it, makes launching difficult... I also hate the limitations of the fuel system and not much option for upgrading that still... i hate that the front brakes are too big to fit a smaller wheel on makes the possibility of running slicks VERY costly in having to change to smaller brakes... other then that it’s exactly what I expected it to be...

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I hate the parking brake... absolutely HATE it, makes launching difficult... I also hate the limitations of the fuel system and not much option for upgrading that still... i hate that the front brakes are too big to fit a smaller wheel on makes the possibility of running slicks VERY costly in having to change to smaller brakes... other then that it’s exactly what I expected it to be...
So the only things you hate about the car are the things that make taking it to the drag strip difficult.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
So the only things you hate about the car are the things that make taking it to the drag strip difficult.
Yep... a normal parking brake would have been much better... having the ability to preload the driveline would be great...

coffeeslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si
Country flag
Love: the black headliner.
Hate: the trip knob. Wow that thing is straight from the 80s and looks/feels really out of place on this vehicle.

Drunki

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I hate how thin the arm rest padding on the driver side door is lol my elbow starts to hurt on the thing but i guess i should have 2 hands on the steering wheel:dunno:

07EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Love:
- LED headlights … best I've had on any car. They are exceptional, not only in normal night conditions, but also at night when it snows, rains and/or in foggy conditions.
- Fuel economy - averaging 39.6 MPG in almost 2 years of daily driving, both in the summer and winter

Dislike:
- Not having dedicated HVAC buttons/controls. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to have the HVAC controls in the head unit, but it's complete garbage.
- Not really a big thing, but why did Honda not use LED lights in the interior? Why use the old school incandescent bulbs, which make the interior look like the 90s?

legalkill

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Love:
  • Fun Daily Driver
  • Gas Mileage (my '18 is averaging 39 mpg, better than the 33 mpg of my '14)
Hate:
  • Rattles (Fixed all my rattles in A pillar trim so far so actually much happier)
  • Parking Brake
  • '18 Climate controls (Wife turns temp trying to change volume or trying to turn down fan)
  • Stock Radio (pales in comparison to my wife '19 Ranger's stock system)

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I despise the stock sub-woofer with the stock speakers close behind. I wish car companies would simply not bother installing speakers as they're always junk. Honda should just tell their customer "we're saving the $33 by not installing any speakers. We know you would much rather go to Best Buy or your local car audio installer and pay for something with actual quality".
I understand what you are saying but truthfully if it was only a hundred dollars or less that they would give me, I will take the stock speakers but that is because I seldom drive with the radio on. And if I really disliked the stock speakers I would be willing to go get them replaced anyway.

Confession... I don't own a SI yet. I am shopping for one. I did a test drive the other day and really liked the car but before we left the parking lot I told the salesman to turn everything off, every safety feature included that could be turned off. Other than the annoying rev hang I thought it was the best transmission I have ever driven. I have owned 7 Honda cars before including 1 Prelude but never an SI. I wish the SI still had a naturally aspirated motor or had the Accord 2.0T at least and a SPARE TIRE!

2020PWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2018 GT350 Track Pack, Hopefully a Soobie one day too
Country flag
I understand what you are saying but truthfully if it was only a hundred dollars or less that they would give me, I will take the stock speakers but that is because I seldom drive with the radio on. And if I really disliked the stock speakers I would be willing to go get them replaced anyway.

Confession... I don't own a SI yet. I am shopping for one. I did a test drive the other day and really liked the car but before we left the parking lot I told the salesman to turn everything off, every safety feature included that could be turned off. Other than the annoying rev hang I thought it was the best transmission I have ever driven. I have owned 7 Honda cars before including 1 Prelude but never an SI. I wish the SI still had a naturally aspirated motor or had the Accord 2.0T at least and a SPARE TIRE!
Just buy a Type R haha
Sponsored