1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

What’s the best mileage you’ve gotten with your Type R?

Discussion in 'Civic Type R Forum (FK8 - 10th Gen)' started by MNEyeDoc, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:17 AM.

1. MNEyeDoc Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    Prompted by the thread about the Type R range...

Before I put the R away for winter, for one tank I drove really easy to see just what was the best mileage I could attain. Very easy on the throttle; timing stoplights; anything to get mileage. This was daily commuting and errands; some hills, some level ground, some freeway but mostly surface roads; probably never over 65 mph, no “spirited” driving. Theses are not the stock tires, but an all season (Nitto Neo Gen 245/30R 20) so I could drive the R in colder temps without worrying about warming up the tires.

I calculated 43.51 mpg--5.749 gallons of 91 non-oxygenated gasoline at the station I use most often, and 249.8 miles. As you can see, the car computer calculated a little less.

Granted, this is not my normal mileage, but it shows what *can* be attained.

5475734F-C8FA-4FF4-9DCF-F65218D351F7.jpeg C50B5E9A-8465-4D67-8D51-DE7C50BE0EA2.jpeg 044C653D-1371-4C3F-B3EC-0C8E39AAB6D3.jpeg

2. Captaindicki

Captaindicki Senior Member

Whatchoo Talkin ‘Bout Willis
    First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    That’s excellent. Your previous drives weren’t bad either. Just shows what can be done with a light foot
    BTW she looks beautiful!

3. Groundcontrol Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Car(s):
    2018 PMM CTR
    I daily drive my car (it can take me 1 hr to go 15 miles if traffic is bad) where it can range from stop and go traffic to as fast as I want to go depending on time of day and if there are any accidents along the way. I get anywhere from 22 - 30 mpg all depending on the traffic. The total drive each day is around 47 miles.

4. zsak

zsak Senior Member

First Name:
    Tej
    Car(s):
    2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
    Lol I don’t understand my car, in 100% city driving with traffic lights every mile or so I get 24-25mpg. I just did a 300 mile trip on the interstate no traffic doing around 80-84 and I get 26mpg. It must be the full load of people and luggage lol.

5. Mature Banana

Mature Banana Member

Car(s):
    370z
    That’s amazing mileage. I do a 35-mile mixed city/highway commute and get 28.8 mpg at the moment. Had no idea that anything close to 40 mpg was possible. I will try your experiment during the winter.

6. FK8_K20c1

FK8_K20c1 Senior Member

First Name:
    Jonathan
    Car(s):
    MKV R32, FK8 Type R
    Garage Profiles:
    38mpg with full bolts ons stock tune. 32 MPG with ktuner Stage 1 w/dp.

7. LuckyTypeROwner18

LuckyTypeROwner18 Member

Radiologic Technologist
    First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R
    Garage Profiles:
    Can you help explain how to use the trip history? I've looked in the manual and tried to search YouTube but no one talks about it...what am I missing? Am I suppose to reset my trip every fill up so that it will use the next previous field...I'm a science guy and love numbers/data but can seem to get that section to work for me.

8. RajjyP Member

First Name:
    Raj
    Car(s):
    None
    how did you like those Nittos?

9. Speed9117 Member

Car(s):
    2001 K24 Civic, 1989 240sx
    It looks like it tracks your previous three trips on "Trip A". Just rest your trip meter at each fill-up if you want to track each tank. Or let it go longer and track over a longer period of time.

10. OP

MNEyeDoc Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    I wasn’t really able to drive with them much before hibernating the car; but definitely picked up less gravel and road debris! Quieter (a little, it seemed) than stock. Didn’t have a chance to *really* try them out., unfortunately.

11. OP

MNEyeDoc Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    This is what I do.

12. FifStreet

FifStreet Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    18 PMM Civic Type R. 07 MR Fit Sport.
    Every fill up I try to see how high I can keep the MPG... that usually lasts until i hit the first stretch of open road, then I "ruin" it in 1 shot. It seems like just 1 short session of "spirited" driving is enough to destroy the average for an entire tank.