Welp after about a month of owning it happened..

Radikal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Just the other day I was driving down the high way and a dump truck got on in front of me. I braked and moved over to a different lane but still got hit by a rogue rock... pretty hard too. So now Im trying to figure out the best route in to getting this fixed and hoping they can match the Sonic Gray color well.
Honda Civic 10th gen Welp after about a month of owning it happened.. unnamed (1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Welp after about a month of owning it happened.. unnamed

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Just the other day I was driving down the high way and a dump truck got on in front of me. I braked and moved over to a different lane but still got hit by a rogue rock... pretty hard too. So now Im trying to figure out the best route in to getting this fixed and hoping they can match the Sonic Gray color well.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.png
You have two choices , take it to a body shop pay your $500 or $1000 deductible or you buy some stuff and try your best to blend it in and just deal with that minor blemish , trust me man sonic grey pearl is my favorite color to see and is just different so i know this is bugging you alot but yeah man a body shop would be able to fix that up but only if its worth that deductible to pay ‍♂

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I think that little lip is apart of the grill, i believe it comes painted too let me check

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can't find it. I'm probably wrong. I'm pretty sure they just replaced that piece when my hood got hit. I'd check with your dealer

Rc1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
That is part of the bumper. Since its new blending of paint should be easy. Good luck and let us know how it comes out

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

Radikal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Can't find it. I'm probably wrong. I'm pretty sure they just replaced that piece when my hood got hit. I'd check with your dealer
I didnt even think to check with the dealership...Also didnt know it was considered part of the front bumper. Thanks for the info!!

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front piece above the grill is in fact part of the whole front bumper assembly and they come primed, ready to paint.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
That is the very top of the front bumper cover. Definitely check if the dealer will take care of it, but if not, you could get it halfway decent by yourself. It's plastic, so you can use a heat gun to soften it and flatten it to flush. There are several YouTube videos for removing the bumper, but just removing the pins up top should allow access to that part of the bumper. The part that isn't dented looks like it will buff out, but that's just a guess. Sorry this happened to you!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Also didnt know it was considered part of the front bumper.
The front piece above the grill is in fact part of the whole front bumper assembly and they come primed, ready to paint.
The bumper cover OEM is about $150 (Give or take). It is the work/materials to paint it and transplant all the bits that aren't part of the bumper cover to the new one that will suck up the cash.

If I were you, I would deal with it for as little as possible money and then see how many more dings and scrapes you get on that wonderfully low hanging bumper of ours. Mine is collecting all manner of life and living and will likely get strait up replaced in the next year or so.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The rear bumper OEM, is $500+. I don’t think the front is that cheap.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
The rear bumper OEM, is $500+. I don’t think the front is that cheap.
Just the bumper cover is cheap. The WHOLE front or rear bumper assembly is definitely not cheap. The big difference being that the "bumper cover" is actually a BUMPER COVER and a whole pile of trim and accessory pieces stuck onto them.

Either way, bumper covers are only primered so when I got the initial quote back from one of the more reputable repair depots around here, I about had a coronary. They want $1200 (CAD) to replace just the cover and paint/clear coat it. I replied back to press by requesting a reconfirmation that this was indeed what the cost was as that is just insane. Removing the old one and installing the new one, even with transplanting all the parts over, should be at most, 1 hour. So that would likely be around $100 labor. So that is $250... What the hell paint job on such a small part costs almost $1000 CAD???

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The bumper cover OEM is about $150 (Give or take). It is the work/materials to paint it and transplant all the bits that aren't part of the bumper cover to the new one that will suck up the cash.

If I were you, I would deal with it for as little as possible money and then see how many more dings and scrapes you get on that wonderfully low hanging bumper of ours. Mine is collecting all manner of life and living and will likely get strait up replaced in the next year or so.
This doesn't require a brand new bumper. this can be repaired by any reputable body shop.

mattfofatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatch- Sonic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a moth the size of a medium sized bird the other day, mine is now collecting the dead as well.
Sponsored