Weird water type spots on my Black Civic 2018. Help!

basit

First Name
Basit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Sedan
Hi, I just got Civic 2018 LX in black this past month and here we are getting a lot of rain. I just came to notice on the hood of my car some spots I can't think of what it is. I had some car wash but nothing happened. Can you guys please let me know what it can be? A picture is attached below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weird water type spots on my Black Civic 2018. Help! IMG_8944
Sponsored

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, I just got Civic 2018 LX in black this past month and here we are getting a lot of rain. I just came to notice on the hood of my car some spots I can't think of what it is. I had some car wash but nothing happened. Can you guys please let me know what it can be? A picture is attached below.

IMG_8944.jpg
That happened to my last car that was a black vw. It would happen when I washed the car on a hot day and in direct sunlight.

I learned to then wash one section at a time in the shade. Just give it a good wipe with a clean soft micro fibre, did the trick for me. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

basit

First Name
Basit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Sedan
That happened to my last car that was a black vw. It would happen when I washed the car on a hot day and in direct sunlight.

I learned to then wash one section at a time in the shade. Just give it a good wipe with a clean soft micro fibre, did the trick for me. Hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for the reply, wash with what? Someone suggested me to use meguiars scratch x 2.0. What do you think about that?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi, thanks for the reply, wash with what? Someone suggested me to use meguiars scratch x 2.0. What do you think about that?
Probably can polish it off, but you'll need to use alot of elbow grease. Might not be practical in your case, but a quick buff from buffer can take that off relatively easily.
Top is a hard water spot, bottom two look to be some sort of oil stain that has etched into the clear.

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
Try a scratch remover or a cleaner wax first. Only by hand and lightly.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Autoglym car wash and also they have a polish that you apply after washing. I’ll take a picture of the bottle next time I am washing the car

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Autoglym car wash and also they have a polish that you apply after washing. I’ll take a picture of the bottle next time I am washing the car
The point really is, letting water dry on the car, will cause these issues.

Also, they don't call it ACID RAIN for nothing.

Any time that water is allowed to EVAPORATE of your paint, there is the possibility of this happening. Even if you WASH the car, your Hose Water is most likely laden with dissolved impurities (like Calcium), and when it dries by evaporation, all those impurities are left on the Paint.

Either dry the water off you car with a "CLEAN" Good MicroFibre cloth, or even better, use some form of forced air blower to blow the water away (and out of cracks and crevices) .. ie a Leaf Blower.

Note: Any time you are wiping ANY cloth (including the best MicroFibre) cloth, on your drying paintwork, you run the possibility of scratching .. only takes a little blown sand or dirt to be between the paint and the clean MicroFibre cloth, and especially on a now dry surface, you will be scratching.

The Leaf Blower eliminates that risk, as well as getting the water out of cracks and crevices .. something the MicroFibre cloth will not do in any case.

Depends on how obsessive you are about your paintwork :)

I would recommend a small electric leaf Blower, rather than that wimpy blower in the video.
Even the lowest power CORDED Leaf Blow will be sufficient, no need to wield a MONSTER BLOWER.

Last edited:

Ksmit129

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex-t
I have the same spots on my burgendy night pearl.. Driving me nuts
Sponsored