Weird issue with head unit and android auto....

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when I use android auto at night, I hit the brightness control on the top of the head unit and it goes into night mode.
I noticed tonight, that when I put the car in reverse, after going back into drive, when the camera shuts off, it keeps going back to the daytime mode all by itself. I tried to film this, and it also shuts my phone camera off every time I shift into reverse. Since android auto has to have my phone connected to come up, that is why its connected when I'm trying to video it.
Why would shifting into reverse have any effect on the head unit or anything connected to the usb port other than activating the rear camera?
So I don't know if this is normal or some glitch among some others I'm having with the head unit.
Sponsored

daviddavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got this weird issue with android auto recently where when I push the night mode button the map colors do not change. The map color used to lighter during the day but when you switch over to night mode the map colors would turn dark. I have a samsung galaxy s9+ and I was wondering if this issue started after a new software update on my phone

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got this weird issue with android auto recently where when I push the night mode button the map colors do not change. The map color used to lighter during the day but when you switch over to night mode the map colors would turn dark. I have a samsung galaxy s9+ and I was wondering if this issue started after a new software update on my phone
Unfortunately not the update to the phone, I've got the exact same phone and a 2016 Ext, I have no issues. I should probably clarify that I mostly use Waze, so I guess I'm not even 100% sure if Maps has the issue for me or not. You should consider using Waze, it's about 1000 times better than Maps.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My advice, is to TURN OFF automatic updates on your smartphone,

Then check manually occasionally for updates.
If there is one for an APP you use with AA, then use an App called APK-EXPORTER to save a copy of the APP (on your smartphone, or on your Google Drive) BEFORE you update.

If the Update then cause issues with AA, you can always uninstall that update, and rel-load back in the saved Exported Version.

It is not uncommon for updates to have issues .. app developers are really quick to send out updates, and then rely on user feedback to test the changes !!! Sometime they really SCREW UP with the updates !!!

Last edited:

CivicBuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EXT/HS, 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Country flag
I noticed that this just started to happen for me. My S9+ just updated to Pie.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My advice, is to TURN OFF automatic updates on your smartphone,

Then check manually occasionally for updates.
If there is one for an APP you use with AA, then use an App called APK-EXPORTER to save a copy of the APP (on your smartphone, or on your Google Drive) BEFORE you update.

If the Update then cause issues with AA, you can always uninstall that update, and rel-load back in the saved Exported Version.

It is not uncommon for updates to have issues .. app developers are really quick to send out updates, and then rely on user feedback to test the changes !!! Sometime they really SCREW UP with the updates !!!
Think you meant to quote the other guy, I'm not having any issues. Good lookin out though.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, my issue, I found has nothing to do with android auto or the phone at all, its an issue with the head unit. Big suprise.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Well, my issue, I found has nothing to do with android auto or the phone at all, its an issue with the head unit. Big suprise.
I don't have any issues with the Honda head unit in our car... and I can tell you... if there was an issue, I'd be all over it.

I think the main reason I don;t have any issues, if because I have not let a Dealer mess with it and try to Update it etc

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Think you meant to quote the other guy, I'm not having any issues. Good lookin out though.
My mistake -- sorry .. it was meant to be a general comment -- not a response in particular to anyone's post.
(Deleted the quote in my post) :)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
So when I use android auto at night, I hit the brightness control on the top of the head unit and it goes into night mode.
I noticed tonight, that when I put the car in reverse, after going back into drive, when the camera shuts off, it keeps going back to the daytime mode all by itself. I tried to film this, and it also shuts my phone camera off every time I shift into reverse. Since android auto has to have my phone connected to come up, that is why its connected when I'm trying to video it.
Why would shifting into reverse have any effect on the head unit or anything connected to the usb port other than activating the rear camera?
So I don't know if this is normal or some glitch among some others I'm having with the head unit.
Is your cluster brightness set to max?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your cluster brightness set to max?
Yea, for the day setting, less for the night but I found out it has nothing to do with android auto or even my phone. Its the head unit itself .

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Yea, for the day setting, less for the night but I found out it has nothing to do with android auto or even my phone. Its the head unit itself .
My phone was recently updated and now auto night mode doesnt work on AA Maps. Now I just have to leave it on night mode.
Sponsored