TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,
I just recently tuned my car and am getting what, to my understanding, are weird or even potentially bad fuel trim readings and was hoping someone here who knows more than me could tell me if I should be worried or not

Info about the car:
1.5T
+3 PSI basemap tune
PRL Stage 1 intake hose (not using a PRL filter though)

Relevant readings (tell me if I should add more here):
O2: reading high 14's, usually 14.6-15.2
STFTB1: -7% to -13%
LTFTB1: -6% to -11%
STFTB2: -60%
LTFTB2: -100%

The bank one readings seem to be kind of far from 0% to me, but maybe I just don't understand them enough?
The bank two readings seem to be either non-existent and those are the error values, or my sensors are stupid broken

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just monitor the 1's. Those 2's aren't even hooked up as far as I know.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just monitor the 1's. Those 2's aren't even hooked up as far as I know.
Okay, I was kind of guessing that with the values I was seeing. What range is considered healthy for our cars on the 1's?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The LTFT is the important one. -6-> -11.. It's a little rich but not ridiculous. Do a nice 3rd gear pull and log it. Then setup a real time graph for your STFT and LTFT. If your trims go rich with the amount of boost you make. There's a leak.

LTFT can also vary with conditions. Altitude, temp, humidity, driving stile. If I granny drive I'll see my LTFT a little negative.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The LTFT is the important one. -6-> -11.. It's a little rich but not ridiculous. Do a nice 3rd gear pull and log it. Then setup a real time graph for your STFT and LTFT. If your trims go rich with the amount of boost you make. There's a leak.

LTFT can also vary with conditions. Altitude, temp, humidity, driving stile. If I granny drive I'll see my LTFT a little negative.
In the last few logs I have done on my Si running the Pherables 1.5 Tune no GOD Mode I have noticed random spikes in the STFT as much as 20% to 30% just for a second and then ti will drop down to normal values under 10% usually when I am accelerating from a stop going through 1t and 2nd.. I am assuming from everything I have fond on this engine that is not totally abnormal since LTFT is stable between -4% and -7%.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
For short fuel trims it is normal for them to go up to 20% plus or minus and for long term anything under 8% plus or minus is fine as well! I wouldn’t worry about it at all.
Sponsored