First Name
Keron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017 , BMW 330xi 09
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best videos I could get , car drives fine otherwise but I can hear a clunk when starting the car and going in to second
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I would check the motor mounts. That’s seems like a lot of engine movement on startup. Sounds like the plastic on the air intake vibrating against some rigid metal in the engine bay.

OP
OP
Trivo

Trivo

First Name
Keron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017 , BMW 330xi 09
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would check the motor mounts. That’s seems like a lot of engine movement on startup. Sounds like the plastic on the air intake vibrating against some rigid metal in the engine bay.
Damn Im only at 23k , Im gonna return it stock and take it in when I get a chance

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Damn Im only at 23k , Im gonna return it stock and take it in when I get a chance
I’m not an expert and all i can do is guess. If taking it to the dealer to see what they think is free, then by all means.

If you have some time on your hands and a way to get the car up on jack stands safely so you can take a peek underneath the engine bay, that might be useful in a self diagnosis. :dunno:

Maybe some bolts have loosened up a bit. Every bolt from the factory should have a blue line marked on it that would indicate whether it has moved.

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see that you have an aftermarket intake. Check and see if the intake has the potential to hit or rattle against anything at all. Remember, the motor moves a small amount during start-up and sometimes that can cause the intake to rattle against something like a shield just for a bit. I had that issue with a previous intake on my car where the intake tube would actually rattle against a heatshield upon startup.
Sponsored