Weighted shift knob is a must on MTs!!

Do you use a weighted shift knob? And notice a huge difference?

• Yes, and noticed a huge difference.

• Yes, and dont notice much of a difference

• No, a weighted shift knob? Lol

Results are only viewable after voting.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
So everyone and their mother has a disdain for the MTs in the 10th Gens. Especially our Si cause they are "notchy".

Being proactive, people recommended tranny oil, bushings, clutch cable, to shift knob for improving the "notchy" gears. I felt the cable and bushing costs vs the complaints werent worth it.

But however i do love Amsoil and threw that in at 5k miles. Made the ever so slight difference. But didnt get a change i wanted.

Now the Shift Knob (Skunk 2) being over twice the weight of the OEM Si knob. I notice a HUGE difference. Im still kind in shock thinking it couldnt be this easy of a fix. I read all the positive on the upgrade and i couldnt be happier!

Right now its 37 degrees Fahrenheit when i drive my car in the early AM.

What a HUGE difference it made...

Am i the only one OVERLY satisfied?!
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from an 01 Nissan Frontier manual, this gear box is a dream. I only changed knobs because I live in South Carolina and summer hurt my hand. I feel a slight difference, but shape probably plays as much of a part. Also, I'm not sure my new knob is much heavier

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I came from a '13 Wrangler Unlimited manual, so pretty much anything would be an improvement in manual gear box feel. I went with a Skunk2 weighted knob a few weeks ago just for a change of pace. It's fine, I do notice a little difference, but nothing to write home about.

In regards to the knob temp, I ended up buying this back in July and it made a HUGE difference:
https://bloxracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=391

Then when I got the Skunk2, I bought this one:
https://bloxracing.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=390

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
So everyone and their mother has a disdain for the MTs in the 10th Gens. Especially our Si cause they are "notchy".

Being proactive, people recommended tranny oil, bushings, clutch cable, to shift knob for improving the "notchy" gears. I felt the cable and bushing costs vs the complaints werent worth it.

But however i do love Amsoil and threw that in at 5k miles. Made the ever so slight difference. But didnt get a change i wanted.

Now the Shift Knob (Skunk 2) being over twice the weight of the OEM Si knob. I notice a HUGE difference. Im still kind in shock thinking it couldnt be this easy of a fix. I read all the positive on the upgrade and i couldnt be happier!

I definitely don't hate my Si transmission. It has its notchiness sometimes but usually it's fine.

I used to run the Skunk2 knob and it was infinitely better than the tiny light weight OEM knob. That being said, I didn't think the Skunk2 was big enough so I upgraded in size and weight.
Honda Civic 10th gen Weighted shift knob is a must on MTs!! IMG_9972

This thing is over twice the weight of the Skunk2 knob (1000g) and is much bigger. I feel it makes my shifts smoother and it's comfortable with how I grip the shifter.

OP
OP

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I definitely don't hate my Si transmission. It has its notchiness sometimes but usually it's fine.

I used to run the Skunk2 knob and it was infinitely better than the tiny light weight OEM knob. That being said, I didn't think the Skunk2 was big enough so I upgraded in size and weight.
IMG_9972.jpg

This thing is over twice the weight of the Skunk2 knob (1000g) and is much bigger. I feel it makes my shifts smoother and it's comfortable with how I grip the shifter.

Holy shit!! Thats a big knob! Skunk2 is om
Only like 400+grams.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Loved my `16 sedan shifter, and i loved the shifter in the hatch, love the type r shifter in there now. Just their throw and gate are too long. Me add some weight to make it shift easier?.my other two drivers have 3 on the tree's,... l can take it.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
After installing an Si shifter with all of the Acuity parts, my gear grinds are gone. While the weight of my Boomba shift knob helps somewhat, the base bushings made the biggest difference. Next on my list would be the Acuity rocker arm.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Do bushings come at any other performance cost? It seems just as great as a part sounds to include in my vehicle (K&N air filter, rear motor mount, buncha other stuff), they all seem to come at some other cost that isn't ever mentioned upfront.

Anything here that I'm missing?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport

link to it plz?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

IMG_9972.jpg

whered you get that SI shift knob at?

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Do bushings come at any other performance cost? It seems just as great as a part sounds to include in my vehicle (K&N air filter, rear motor mount, buncha other stuff), they all seem to come at some other cost that isn't ever mentioned upfront.

Anything here that I'm missing?
There’s no trade off at all, except you have to pull the center console to install it. If you really want to do it cheap, go to the hardware store and get some washers to use instead. Would cost $3 and do the same thing.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
There’s no trade off at all, except you have to pull the center console to install it. If you really want to do it cheap, go to the hardware store and get some washers to use instead. Would cost $3 and do the same thing.
So no changes to noise or anything as well?

It seems like a scary thing for me to pull apart on a brand new car and put back together again. Knowing me, things would go totally wrong. I'd likely have a shop do it if possible.

Thanks.
Sponsored