Weighing my wheel/tire options

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk what your plans are but I just traded for these I like them they are 18s accord sport wheels
Honda Civic 10th gen Weighing my wheel/tire options 20190320_172934
Sponsored

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also bought a set kumho 4x 225 45 18 at pepboys 450 installed they're on sale till the end of the month...probably not the best but can't beat that deal

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the color scheme of your stock wheels on cosmic blue

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Having a tough time deciding what to do about wheels. Obviously for looks, 18's are a no brainer, but the issue is cost. Anywhere from $1,200 - $1,500 (tires and wheels) is more money than I can afford. I think I've come up with the best compromise. I've got a brand new set of 215/50-17 W rated Nokian zLine A/S UHP's in my basement. I bought them as a grippier stock sized replacement for the Firestones. Instead, I'm considering buying 17x7.5 Enkei Draco +38 anthracite wheels to go with the Nokians. Two big advantages. Noticeable weight savings (7 lbs. less per corner versus stock) and better performance. Twenty eight pounds less unsprung weight is quite a bit. And the wheels only cost $600.

Here's a mock up I did with the Dracos. I like the look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weighing my wheel/tire options draco

Honda Civic 10th gen Weighing my wheel/tire options Clipboard01

Last edited:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having a tough time deciding what to do about wheels. Obviously for looks, 18's are a no brainer, but the issue is cost. Anywhere from $1,200 - $1,500 (tires and wheels) is more money than I can afford. I think I've come up with the best compromise. I've got a brand new set of 215/50-17 W rated Nokian zLine A/S UHP's in my basement. I bought them as a grippier stock sized replacement for the Firestones. Instead, I'm considering buying 17x7.5 Enkei Draco +38 anthracite wheels to go with the Nokians. Two big advantages. Noticeable weight savings (7 lbs. less per corner versus stock) and better performance. Twenty eight pounds less unsprung weight is quite a bit. And the wheels only cost $600.

draco.jpg
Do it! I've seen a few cars on here lately running the 17's.
I think they look good and will offer a more comfortable ride.
I'll probably go with 17's when I get bored with my current set up.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do it! I've seen a few cars on here lately running the 17's.
I think they look good and will offer a more comfortable ride.
I'll probably go with 17's when I get bored with my current set up.
Deezy, that's the other factor I forgot to mention. The roads around here are utter crap. 50 profile tires will ride a lot better than 40. And you went from 16 inchers with a 55 profile to 18's with a 40 profile. It's got to ride a lot rougher (but handle way better).

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still going back and forth on wheels. What a tough decision. Found some Avid.1 wheels that really look sweet. The finish is called hyper black but it's sort of a polished gunmetal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Weighing my wheel/tire options s-l500

Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
Those are the avid1 av20??
These are the replica for
Gramlight 57extreme
A member on here has it in black

If you search avid
A member on here has one in silver

I’m looking at those in black
$500 for the set for 17x9
If I do go this route I will put
on some meaty tires

And I totally agree with your car color
Hyper black or gunmetal would look
Stunning...

I too do not want to have a harsh ride
I too prefer comfort with sporty benefits
I am also shopping around for
Wheels and tires and best combo
For my taste...

16x8.5-9
17x8.5-9

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^ AV-20.

OK, here's a wheel that might do exactly what I want. I don't want to go too wide as I deal with snow from time to time. I'm not worried about getting the flush look. I want to stay close the stock geometry with a better look and better handling.

Right now, I have the Enkei EKM3 in dark gunmetal on my radar. 18x7.5 with a 45 offset and 215/45-18 General G-Max AS-05 UHP tires. This should give me better handling and a really sexy look (and slightly less fender gap) without the rougher ride of a too low profile tire. What do you guys think?

A rough chop of the wheels on the rear compared to the stock 17's up front:

Honda Civic 10th gen Weighing my wheel/tire options IMssG_2335

Last edited:

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
^ AV-20.

OK, here's a wheel that might do exactly what I want. I don't want to go too wide as I deal with snow from time to time. I'm not worried about getting the flush look. I want to stay close the stock geometry with a better look and better handling.

Right now, I have the Enkei EKM3 in dark gunmetal on my radar. 18x7.5 with a 45 offset and 215/45-18 General G-Max AS-05 UHP tires. This should give me better handling and a really sexy look (and slightly less fender gap) without the rougher ride of a too low profile tire. What do you guys think?

A rough chop of the wheels on the rear compared to the stock 17's up front:

IMssG_2335.jpg
I want to share my opinion because I put a lot of thought into what wheels to get as well. I’ve decided on the ESR SR12!! They look meaner then sh@t and are very cost friendly. 18 x 9.5 absolutely fills the wheel well better then any rim I have seen on the 10th gen Civic. Ofc that is up to opinion but I absolutely love them! Toyo proxes to match and boom you got a brand new car! Haha just my two cents! This will be the route I go!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 9.5" wide , concave, low offset look is amazing, especially lowered. Nice choice.

At this point I'm just doing my car modding theme of "better than stock". I prefer going a bit under the radar and sleeper-ish.

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
The 9.5" wide , concave, low offset look is amazing, especially lowered. Nice choice.

At this point I'm just doing my car modding theme of "better than stock". I prefer going a bit under the radar and sleeper-ish.
Haha! The aggressive look looks killer on our civics!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, I like going a little under the radar. Comes in handy when I zoom past unsuspecting GTI's and WRX's. ;)

Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
Right now, I have the Enkei EKM3 in dark gunmetal on my radar. 18x7.5 with a 45 offset and 215/45-18 General G-Max AS-05 UHP tires

IMssG_2335.jpg
Won’t have the look factory at all
But nice set of wheels for sure

Closest to factory look would be Hfp wheels
Or Acura wheels.. or closest to its design.

General gmax tires are second on my list of choice.. performances/ price factor

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag

draco.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg
I'll post my car whenever my draco's are in stock. 18's were backordered but i should get them last week of june or 1st week of july. I went 18's after much debate. We have a sport touring (fiancee's car) and my ex so i could directly see the difference and man are 18's sexy on the new civics. We'll see if it rides harsher but from what everyone has said, it's not really noticeable.
Sponsored