WEatherstrip Crack around moonroof

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi all,

Today when I was cleaning the moonroof glass, I noticed that a part of the rubber seal around the glass looks "torn"(attached picture)
Honda Civic 10th gen WEatherstrip Crack around moonroof 20170908_172122

Should i take this to the dealer and show him? I am not noticing any leaks of any sort but wanted to take your guys' opinion on possible fixes.
Sponsored

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I definitely would. How many miles does the car have?

OP
OP

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I went to the dealer today. Seems like this was caused by some bird/small animal (maybe a squirrel?) and wouldn't be covered by warranty.
With labor the charge to replace the seal was quoted to me to be around 350 bucks.
I think i am just going to tape it for now and see if it leaks. If it does leak, i will spend the 350 else since this is not directly in anybody's line of sight, i am ok with the tape.
Thoughts?

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn that's pretty rough that they wouldn't replace that seal even out of good will. Any other dealers near you? If not I would stick it out a little longer and replace more down the line.

OP
OP

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Damn that's pretty rough that they wouldn't replace that seal even out of good will. Any other dealers near you? If not I would stick it out a little longer and replace more down the line.
I was able to put a nice black tape around it with the moonroof in "tilt" position. So far it is fine :) Going to rain on Tuesday - will know more then.