Wave to other civic drivers?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having a CivicX decal somewhere on my car sounds cool. Like I am part of a community! Where would be the best place to put a decal if I had one? I have to have my student parking pass on my rear bumper in the left corner because I commute to school, but that's the only thing I have on my car at the moment.
There's a thread about purchasing CivicX decals... I've seen them on the rear glass, rear side windows, on the side of the front windshield, you name it.
Sponsored

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
When I had my FRS, we all seemed to nod or wave at each other...not so much with the Civic. :)

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
When I had my FRS, we all seemed to nod or wave at each other...not so much with the Civic. :)
I'm missing my old Subie community a lot this week... I was next to a CTR on the freeway for awhile and the dbag guy literally wouldn't even look over at my Si. Later I waved at a white Si sedan identical to mine and no wave back. Then today I waved to a guy in a fully modded 9th gen and he just stared at me like I'm a weirdo. :(

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I'm missing my old Subie community a lot this week... I was next to a CTR on the freeway for awhile and the dbag guy literally wouldn't even look over at my Si. Later I waved at a white Si sedan identical to mine and no wave back. Then today I waved to a guy in a fully modded 9th gen and he just stared at me like I'm a weirdo. :(
I’ve posted this before that I get a nod from guys driving 8th & 9th gen SIs and I drive a ext coupe :dunno:

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny thing, I saw a civic x coming up beside me and started to wave but stopped short. Behind the wheel was a blue hair, she must have been at least 70. Seems the civic has been accepted by all ages because of its good looks and reliability. So, yes I wave when I can.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That's sad... you'd think people would be friendlier. I've seen a white ctr around town and he always nods at me. And another si same color as mine and we've waved at each other. Recently had a new civic sedan sport pull up next to me st a stop light and it honked at me and I looked over and there was this 80 year old man and his wife waving at me, lol. So I laughed and smiled and waved back. Also had a guy in a 9th gen si sedan give me a peace sign and I waved back... so I think you just have had bad luck and ran into some assholes that dont like to play. That's lame. Dont give up, I will happen!:)

Toaster

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe in Energy Green
Country flag
Like @hobby-man said, I only really wave at people who are part of the community, i.e. have some mods on their car and clearly don't drive one just because its affordable and reliable. I also wave at people with my color (energy green) since its not super common.

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
Never have I got a wave from another civic driver, Lol. When I had my Subie WRX though, other Subie drivers would wave, quite respectable culture there.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always try to wave at other civic x’s, but mostly just other hatches and Si or Type Rs. But never got a reply.... until another LSM hatch passed me the other day and flashed their lights at me!!!! I was so excited until my wife killed the mood and told me to put my car boner away lol. I will definitely be on the lookout to keep up the waves

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was so excited until my wife killed the mood and told me to put my car boner away lol.
I know how you feel dude. My girlfriend doesn't like it when I get my car boners. Mood killer! I just can't help but oogle over a CTR!

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Dang bro sorry to hear this. I have a few CTR & sport hatch in the area and we always wave and nod in approval lol. I also got a few friendly look from few WRX and STI drivers. However, I got a really nasty look from a female STI driver at a red light.....awkward is not even the right word to describe it....

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I wave to other Tonic Yellow Civics, and 1G CRXs. I recall being chastised the first time I was driving my buddy's Wrangler and didn't notice others waving at me hahaha

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Dang bro sorry to hear this. I have a few CTR & sport hatch in the area and we always wave and nod in approval lol. I also got a few friendly look from few WRX and STI drivers. However, I got a really nasty look from a female STI driver at a red light.....awkward is not even the right word to describe it....
Hahaha maybe the last Civic guy she saw was whistling at her or something :D Good to know you get some waves though!

I wave to other Tonic Yellow Civics, and 1G CRXs. I recall being chastised the first time I was driving my buddy's Wrangler and didn't notice others waving at me hahaha
Yeah, one of the only waves I've gotten back was from a tonic yellow coupe actually. He then caught up to me at the light and I told him his color looked badass in person. I feel like if you're in the tonic yellow color, you HAVE to wave back when you see another one.
Sponsored