Wave to other civic drivers?

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
So I used to drive jeeps a lot and there was a thing up until recently where you'd wave if you passed one going down the road. Is there something similar with Civics? I just got a 19 Sport sedan and was waved at 3 times today from other civic drivers
. If it's a thing I'll wave back but I've never heard of it before and it took me by surprise.
I'd be waving constantly at half the people on the road if I did that.
Sponsored

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The only thing that truly differentiates the Touring from the rest in the US is the LED headlights and fog lights.
Oh and there is more chrome... If you like that sort of thing... :puke:
Black plastic doesn't make your car look more sporty; just makes it look cheap.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I feel exactly the same way. I like chrome more than black plastic.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I apologize too the op and other posters on this thread. I think I started a argument with another poster on this friendly thread about who has a better car this subject shouldn’t go too far as it did. Remember we all drive a Honda Civic on this forum once again I apologize

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I feel exactly the same way. I like chrome more than black plastic.
+1

Sometimes I feel like we Tourers are the only ones who know what’s going on.

I’m looking for a chrome gas tank funnel to replace the one in the trunk; any luck in finding one?

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I used to drive jeeps a lot and there was a thing up until recently where you'd wave if you passed one going down the road. Is there something similar with Civics? I just got a 19 Sport sedan and was waved at 3 times today from other civic drivers
. If it's a thing I'll wave back but I've never heard of it before and it took me by surprise.
I didn't read all the replies but id be damned if I waved to all the civic drivers. If you drive a modified civic, you do get attention. Since my civic is slammed, I get a lot of head turns, thumbs up, and those type of interactions. As for waving randomly at people... yeah fuck that. Where I live, they are either old or blacked out windows & most likely carrying a weapon of some sort. I only give a "shacka" to other modified cars, so I guess it depends on where you live lol

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
to bad its not real chrome just cheap plastic as well and chrome looks tacky btw but you do you

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
never wave at others unless its members of my local offroad club and im in the truck the car nah

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Coming from a Subaru STI, the "wave" is one thing I really miss. I used to wave/get waves from pretty much any WRX/STI I saw on the road, as well as some other brands of modded cars.

In my Si Sedan that's mostly stock, no one waves. I was driving right next to a CTR the other day for a good 2 minutes and the dude never even looked over, then I realized I'm invisible in this car haha. I might as well be driving a Prius!

I think anyone in a nice modded Honda should wave to each other. I don't expect all of the 2,000+ plain Civic LXs I see to wave, but I feel like Si's should.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I think anyone in a nice modded Honda should wave to each other. I don't expect all of the 2,000+ plain Civic LXs I see to wave, but I feel like Si's should.
Does my custom front grill count as a mod? :bump:

And also the catch can in the engine bay but no one can see that!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Does my custom front grill count as a mod? :bump:

And also the catch can in the engine bay but no one can see that!
I have interior lights replaced with LEDs, so I consider myself modded, and fully expect to catch many waves.....but I get more recognition from pedestrians in parking lots.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have interior lights replaced with LEDs, so I consider myself modded, and fully expect to catch many waves.....but I get more recognition from pedestrians in parking lots.
Woah?! Interior lights with LEDS? Is that an easy job? Sounds like it would be a lot nicer for my car. Not sure if it is possible on my LX Hatchback though? Can you tell me more details about it in the PM?

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Woah?! Interior lights with LEDS? Is that an easy job? Sounds like it would be a lot nicer for my car. Not sure if it is possible on my LX Hatchback though? Can you tell me more details about it in the PM?
If you're serious, it's one of the easiest mods you can do. Super quick and easy and it makes a huge difference - I definitely recommend it
Sponsored