repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
On one of the other threads someone mentioned that once the ambient temperature exceeds 75 degrees, that our engines start pulling timing and boost. I find that very discouraging.

There are many threads about wrapping intake components and heat shielding, but no one seems to have had much success.

All most of us are looking for, whether through CAIs or engine compartment venting, is the nominalization of manifold air temperatures.

So I started thinking about water-meth injection. There are several people here on this forum that have successfully installed water-meth injection systems. Which they used to push their engines to the point of destruction. A bad association of subjects.

Why can't somebody design a water-meth injection system that would simply keep the intake air temperature to the level that would normally be seen on a nice 70 degree day.

That way, even if you were in southern Texas on a 101 degree day, or the Midwest on a sweltering 95 degree day, we could get a consistent level of performance all year long.

If properly adjusted, it would never kick on during the fall, winter, or spring. Some regions would use the system for longer periods, but we would all have a uniform level of performance. The cost should be well under $1000.00 based on what's available currently. The trick would be in the controller.

Mods would then be utilized to their greatest potential, as a stable combustion chamber temperature could be guaranteed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I would think that the desired outcome of a water/meth injection system would come down to setup and tuning.

Personally, I'd like to have one for the primary purpose of keeping things cool, like you said. Heat is the enemy of performance and longevity. I'm not trying to squeeze 400 horses out of my Sport hatch, but rather take full advantage of the boost (hence why I'm also looking into upgraded rods and lower C/R pistons). I just want it to operate at maximum efficiency of power.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just run water and a small size 2 or 3 nozzle. You won't have to tune the fuel out and. As for automation you can enable and disable the system from the controllers provided by snow performance and AEM.
Sponsored