Nbs12

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a water leak, presumably from the A pillar. I was contacted by the dealer that my situation was complicated because my car has a Canadian VIN. Apparently (after calling Honda America), my car is only covered by Honda of Canada, due to it being a Canadian car. I purchased the car brand new (14 miles) in NJ, and I have never been a Canadian citizen. I understand that the Si trim is produced in Ontario at the Honda plant, therefore all (that I've seen) VINs for any Si begins with "2", denoting a Canadian vehicle. As such, I find it highly likely that someone here has encountered a similar scenario, as we all have "Canadian" Sis. Any ideas or experiences with how you went about rectifying the issue? I am obviously very annoyed and would like my rightfully-deserved warranty coverage. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My BS alarm would be going off like crazy if I was in this position. Obviously my Si was built in Canada also with the country code being 2 (Canada). I would contact Honda America myself if I were you. Sounds like someone is trying to pull one over on you.

OP
OP
Nbs12

Nbs12

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My BS alarm would be going off like crazy if I was in this position. Obviously my Si was built in Canada also with the country code being 2 (Canada). I would contact Honda America myself if I were you. Sounds like someone is trying to pull one over on you.
I did contact Honda America. They told me the same thing as the dealer. They told me to contact Honda Canada (which I'll do after work) .

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Interesting... Does your car have the CDM/touring trim parts on it (LED headlights, larger windshield washer reservoir, etc)?

What do the engine bay/door labels say?

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Judging by his avatar, it appears like a US -Spec Si. What a load of crap man! I assume you still have the paperwork on your car deal showing the vehicle being sold in the US?

OP
OP
Nbs12

Nbs12

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
From your picture you seems to have the "American" speced Si! Canadian Si's come with the touring headlights
Yeah I'm 99% certain it's American. I'm confused why mine seems to be doffediff because all Sis are
Judging by his avatar, it appears like a US -Spec Si. What a load of crap man! I assume you still have the paperwork on your car deal showing the vehicle being sold in the US?
Yes I do. I purchased in brand new in Jersey with 14 miles on it. Unless I was scammed, I have no idea how else it would be problematic .

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
I don't want to assume, but, did the selling dealer's service department tell you that? or was it a different dealer?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Shit, I am going to have to take my car to Swindon England if I need warranty work.

Post this on the Honda Customer Service Twitter page and see what happens.

OP
OP
Nbs12

Nbs12

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't want to assume, but, did the selling dealer's service department tell you that? or was it a different dealer?
No I bought the car down in Jersey, but I'm in Boston for school, and this info came from the dealer up here in Mass . The info was also told to me by the rep at Honda America.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I have heard of some dealers getting their Si's from Canadian Dealerships. Something about not being able to obtain them from the factory or probably being impatient.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard of some dealers getting their Si's from Canadian Dealerships. Something about not being able to obtain them from the factory or probably being impatient.
As others have said, Canadian spec Si's are Touring trim with LED headlights. That (car in the avatar pic) is not a Canadian spec Si.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It doesn't matter where it's built. Only where it's sold. If you haven't already, call AHM directly and open a case for them to review. If it was sold by a US dealer, and registered in the US, the 36/60K warranty applies.

There are a lot of "what if" and "but then" scenarios that apply here. But they should ALL be directed to American Honda. Try to avoid doing anything here or through the dealer without first getting direction from AHM.

(800) 999-1009

GL.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
No I bought the car down in Jersey, but I'm in Boston for school, and this info came from the dealer up here in Mass . The info was also told to me by the rep at Honda America.
@HondaCustSvc

For real, try that. First off, you need a passport to get back and forth into Canada now, no? I would imagine that expecting a US citizen to travel to another country for warranty work is a tad unreasonable and absolutely ridiculous from a customer service standpoint. It is either on your dealer or Honda to make this right, and I would raise hell if this was my own problem.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I smell lawsuit lol!!
Dealer did a illegal sale.
Or Go to a different dealership.
Sponsored