Warranty Extension Notice Letter

Artee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T;
Country flag
Anyone else get this? Guess I’m calling Honda to see if there’s a update on my 2018 Civic Touring. This worries me. :dunno::( :feedback:

11F1AA09-8874-4986-9DBC-14A185FFDEF1.jpeg
I have an early 2016 (Dec 2015 purchase) 1.5T with 21k and have had the high oil level since day one, but no related driveability issues. Local dealer refused to acknowledge an OD problem until it became an internet meme, now asserts the corporate party line "slightly high oil level is not an issue unless it causes a mechanical problem". Well the horse has left the barn by then if you have increased engine wear due to oil rendered inadequate by gasoline dilution that it was not engineered to tolerate. Oil level creeps up to about a half quart to a quart overfull in a few months after oil change, especially in winter (granted, car is used for mostly around town trips). I just got my warranty extension letter as well and was dismayed to find the letter makes no mention of oil dilution issues, only certain misfire codes, etc. that will trigger the service bulletin. I'm in Oregon and apparently did not qualify for the OD recall/bulletin service, so the dealer would not/could not perform it. Dealer service manager was sympathetic but their hands are tied by corporate. Best he could offer (off the record) if I was concerned about high oil level was to change the oil every 3000 miles and perhaps go to a 5W-30 synthetic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an early 2016 (Dec 2015 purchase) 1.5T with 21k and have had the high oil level since day one, but no related driveability issues. Local dealer refused to acknowledge an OD problem until it became an internet meme, now asserts the corporate party line "slightly high oil level is not an issue unless it causes a mechanical problem". Well the horse has left the barn by then if you have increased engine wear due to oil rendered inadequate by gasoline dilution that it was not engineered to tolerate. Oil level creeps up to about a half quart to a quart overfull in a few months after oil change, especially in winter (granted, car is used for mostly around town trips). I just got my warranty extension letter as well and was dismayed to find the letter makes no mention of oil dilution issues, only certain misfire codes, etc. that will trigger the service bulletin. I'm in Oregon and apparently did not qualify for the OD recall/bulletin service, so the dealer would not/could not perform it. Dealer service manager was sympathetic but their hands are tied by corporate. Best he could offer (off the record) if I was concerned about high oil level was to change the oil every 3000 miles and perhaps go to a 5W-30 synthetic.
This doesn’t sit well with me. :doh: