*Warning* The clear side markers for the regular Civic don't fit the Type R

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Everyone should do this for their Type R's, those stupid orange side markers make the car look silly.
Total agree. Everyone should have the exact same mods on their car. Screw people for having their own opinions. Never mind that not having an orange reflector at the front of the vehicle is illegal in most states. What an outlaw
Sponsored

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Total agree. Everyone should have the exact same mods on their car. Screw people for having their own opinions. Never mind that not having an orange reflector at the front of the vehicle is illegal in most states. What an outlaw
No... it's not, stick an orange bulb in their and you're fine, clear or smoked both look WAY better than orange. Considering the WRX has clear with orange bulbs (and most other new cars do as well) I highly doubt that combination is illegal anywhere.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
No... it's not, stick an orange bulb in their and you're fine, clear or smoked both look WAY better than orange. Considering the WRX has clear with orange bulbs (and most other new cars do as well) I highly doubt that combination is illegal anywhere.
Unless custom job or different country such as Japan, vehicles in most states here require an orange reflector near the front of the vehicle. Either in the headlight or on the front bumper. The wrx has an orange reflector in the headlight.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Warning* The clear side markers for the regular Civic don't fit the Type R DEC571E7-4E51-4292-AD33-96153D86CF77-22091-00001021ACA34E60

OP
OP
MonkeyBoost

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Are you sure they truly don't work? The factory ones from Asia need to be modified to fit regular Civics too, you have to reuse the bulb holder from your factory orange ones and cut off some tabs.
Yeah definitely sure. I already modified the socket and had that part installed. The end of the socket where you plug the wire harness in touches/does not clear the square on the inside of the fender. But hey if someone gets it to work without modifying the fender or factory socket other than cutting those tabs for it to fit in the maker then more power to them. All i know is it was not a simple quick swap.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the factory ones from Honda. Glad to know some of the aftermarket ones work.
imho, I think the smoked looks good on black or pmm. smoking the amber one on the others would remind me of the smoke amber corner lamps from the EG

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Just picked up a pair of the smoked ones for my CW.
Just got them for my PMM, we'll see how it goes. I had the clears that apparently don't fit so I guess I will be selling those.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
The orange marker law is for the car makers not drivers.
Can I get clarification on this? Are you stating that it is illegal for car manufacturers to not put orange reflectors but not for people? I'm curious

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up a pair of the smoked ones for my CW.
I picked clear. May do smoke if they don't look good.
Can I get clarification on this? Are you stating that it is illegal for car manufacturers to not put orange reflectors but not for people? I'm curious
i drive up and down the 5 in SoCal with my smoked ones on my FK7 hatchback with no issues from law enforcement.