Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yup, one of the many dealership problems that plagues a lot of us. The bright side is, at least they managed to repro the issue and with a TSB in the states. For us north of the border... not so much... (since it really depends on the dealership)
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
So after dropping off my car today to get this problem repaired, I get a phone call a few hours later letting me know they've replicated the problem and now are ordering the parts to get it fixed and to also pick up my car while we wait for said parts.. I've got the biggest WTF face going on right now.

This is why I brought it in last week was to get an appointment set this week to have it repaired no diagnosed and then told to wait again.. Holy shit, this makes me want to sell my hatch and just walk everywhere. :dunno:
Yeah, that's annoying, luckily I only had to bring it in once for them to hear it...but they had to order the parts and I had to drop it off....I don't hear the noise at all, the noise didn't really bother me, but just didn't sound good to me, I didn't want more damage done. Did you get yours fixed yet?

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
had my valve body part fixed just over a year ago and the noise was gone up until about 2 months ago. Taking in for service tomorrow and they will look into it AGAIN

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
That doesn't sound promising

Got mine fixed last year, hope it doesn't come back

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
The grind came back for mine after about 1000 miles, and has been steadily getting louder. The cold start since the fix was applied also makes the car shake, and going from park to first, or drive to reverse is really jerky now.

This clearly did not fix the problem, it just covered a symptom for a while. I hope Honda steps up and takes care of those of us who are experiencing this. This was my first new car, and my first Honda, and so far I am really not impressed with Honda Post-sale.
yep a year later mine is back too

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Sounds like a win to me if you are getting it again. Free oil change every time it's done

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
not happy.... made a few stops before work and made the noise twice. dropped car off at the dealer and they just called to say they started the car 25 plus times and could not duplicate..interesting.. did it for me this morning

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
not happy.... made a few stops before work and made the noise twice. dropped car off at the dealer and they just called to say they started the car 25 plus times and could not duplicate..interesting.. did it for me this morning
did you tell them the specific conditions on how to replicate it?
Run engine warm till coolant in normal temp operating range, turn off car for 1 hour, turn car on again. That's how you reproduce the sound

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Are you telling them how to replicate it? I had to tell them to drive it for 7 miles then wait half an hour so that it would replicate every time when I got the TSB fix. Now I'm not sure how it works for yours since it "came back."

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So, totally forgot to update. I finally got them to replicate it, they replaced the whole transmission. Few weeks later I was on a road trip from Northern California to north of Seattle and back.. On the way up I felt the transmission vibrating about 600 miles into the drive. Haven't felt it since then though, oh and it still grinds on startup.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
So, totally forgot to update. I finally got them to replicate it, they replaced the whole transmission. Few weeks later I was on a road trip from Northern California to north of Seattle and back.. On the way up I felt the transmission vibrating about 600 miles into the drive. Haven't felt it since then though, oh and it still grinds on startup.
LOL so basically all for nothing. I'm confused as to what's causing it if they replaced the entire thing. Like are 2018s experiencing this grind issue. It's been more than half a year since my tsb fix and so far so good but eh...
Sponsored