WardsAuto article on the Civic Type R

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
"Premium fuel is recommended, but the Type R will run on regular as well. European customers able to find 98-octane will see 315 hp, Honda promises. With low-octane unleaded, the engine will produce about 290 hp."

"The redesigned Honda Accord uses a similar all-new 252-hp 2.0L turbo-4 with lower boost pressure, different connecting rods and a different turbocharger."

"When the decision was made final, internal celebrations ensued as the U.S. team looked forward to the hatchback. First came the standard model (with a 1.5L turbo-4), which went on sale in September 2016. Year-to-date, about 20% of Civic buyers have opted for the hatchback."

"By the end of this year, Honda expects to sell about 2,500 Type R hatchbacks and to double that number in 2018."

http://wardsauto.com/test-drives/honda-civic-type-r-satisfies-primal-urge?page=1
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
As per the owner's manual, bold mine:
Unleaded gasoline with a Pump Octane Number (PON) of 91 or higher is recommended.
Use of lower octane gasoline can cause occasional metallic knocking noise in the engine and will result in decreased engine performance.
Use of gasoline with a pump octane less than 87 can lead to engine damage.
I'm not a big fan of "occasional metallic knocking noises," myself.