Want to test if something is off - recommendations on logging conditions?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi all. I completed my basic bolt-ons a few months ago (PRL CAI and FMIC) and am running the TSP Stage 1 tune. I've been somewhat disappointed with how the power turned out, and have been considering trading up to a Type R. Before I do that though, I want to make sure that my perceived lack of power isn't due to a mechanical issue. My suspicions are based primarily on a comparison between my experiences with my car and those that I see in Youtube videos and reaction posts. In particular, I've noticed that other TSP Stage 1 users seem to be capable of easily generating lots of boost in 1st and 2nd gear, while I rarely see any boost in 1st and only 6-10 psi in second (even at WOT in 2nd, I've never seen over 14 psi). I've only ever hit 20+ psi during a hard pull in 4th. The torque seen by others is so great that they can spin their wheels during a rolling WOT pull - I cannot.

I don't seem to be dropping boost - I'm able to sustain the boost that I do build as long as I gradually increase pedal pressure as my speed in a gear increases. I do believe that I felt a power drop following the installation of my PRL CAI, but since everyone else insists that they felt the opposite, I just assume that I'm wrong. Finally, I've noticed that while my engine exhibits the characteristic sewing machine sounds when cold, after a spirited drive, the idle sound changes to something that sounds more like birds "peeping".

Overall, I'd like to take some logs and show them to everyone in order to determine, once and for all, if there are any glaring issues to be found. Are there any particular circumstances that I should measure besides a 1st-4th WOT pull? Any particular measurements to watch for?
Sponsored