Want to buy new car

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Why do I think I should not post this?

Emailed dealer on Thursday. Still no response after several emails. Dealer wants $500 down to hold car. Maybe car will be in next month. 5 days no response. Hard to find 2019 Touring. Looking at other dealers. I am sure more cars will be available in January or later. How do you handle a no response from a dealer. How long should you wait? Especially after test driving a car and several emails? All I want is a specific color.

Should I post lack of response on DealerRater? I have watch hours of YouTube reviews and probably more aware than most of the changes between 2018 verses 2019.

Location Georgia.

Buying a car should not be this hard. This is not a Mercedes. And another $4K it could be. I just don't want the pricey repair costs.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased my car almost entirely via the internet. Delt with two different dealers. The first was a low volume dealer and the e-mails from them were almost to the point of being annoying (they still contact me knowing I've already made my purchase). The second, a high volume dealer was quite the opposite. I felt unwanted and disconnected from them. Things eventually did take off with the second dealer and I made my purchase with them. Turned out to be a decent experience overall. I ended up having to drive a bit but Hennessy Honda in Woodstock got my business.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
If a dealer (salesperson) can't be bothered to respond, then I wouldn't continue to work with them. You could try someone else at the dealer, or simply move onto another local dealer.

As DEEZY mentioned, the internet has removed much of the personal "back and forth" bs that some dealerships love. They figure once you are in their building, you are captive audience.. otherwise, its just another email that they know is being used for/against them vs another dealer. A bargaining chip.
Sponsored