Want more crackle and pops from your muffler delete?

1. Bosstrout

Bosstrout Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda civic si
    Hey everyone so anyone who has had a muffler delete for the civic noticed how the exhaust will crackle and pop when cruising and changing gears. That was my favorite part of the delete and I started looking into ways to make it more consistent and aggressive.

I was playing with the my hondata flash pro and I uploaded a +9 psi tune and after I had I noticed it was the popping and such was way more aggressive. I checked my tune and I realized I had forgotten to disable rev hang. Seems the revs holding a half second longer makes the cracks and pops way better IMO.

So I know rev hang fuggin sucks but if its something you don't mind having and want that more aggressive crackling then it's a neat option I'm glad I happened to come along.

2. amyisquiet

amyisquiet Member

First Name:
    toufuccc
    Car(s):
    civic fc1
    Do not disable rae hang, will there be more pop?

3. Dan9908

Dan9908 Senior Member

Car(s):
    05 Civic LX,18 Si sedan, Aegean
    I had my share of crackle and pops on my 392 Charger with a mid muffler delete

4. OP
    OP
    Bosstrout

Bosstrout Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda civic si
    Yea, keep rev hang enabled and you will get more aggressive and consistent popping.

5. BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams Senior Member

First Name:
    Heisenburg
    Car(s):
    2018 Si Sedan
    I can confirm keeping it on (with ktuner just turning on cruise control) makes significantly more pops and gurgles. I have cattless dp and greddy

Bosstrout thanked this.
  6. waterudoing

waterudoing Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI HFP
    Go to 3500 RPM and keep tapping the throttle very lightly; around 2 times per second. All the way from 3500 to 3000 RPM, the exhaust will burble like crazy. Sounds just like fireworks. Obviously, not as loud though lol

Bosstrout thanked this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Bosstrout

Bosstrout Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda civic si
    Definitely gonna try this

waterudoing thanked this.
  8. amirza786

amirza786 Senior Member

Director of IT
    First Name:
    A
    Car(s):
    2006 Camry SE V6, 2013 Toyota Sienna LE, 2018 Honda Civic Si (SOLD), 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
    Jeezus....kids these days

Stenguyen1 and Civic17siYAY thanked this.
  9. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    ............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

lukasfotog, Stenguyen1, Gotch and 2 others thanked this.