Want more crackle and pops from your muffler delete?

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Hey everyone so anyone who has had a muffler delete for the civic noticed how the exhaust will crackle and pop when cruising and changing gears. That was my favorite part of the delete and I started looking into ways to make it more consistent and aggressive.

I was playing with the my hondata flash pro and I uploaded a +9 psi tune and after I had I noticed it was the popping and such was way more aggressive. I checked my tune and I realized I had forgotten to disable rev hang. Seems the revs holding a half second longer makes the cracks and pops way better IMO.

So I know rev hang fuggin sucks but if its something you don't mind having and want that more aggressive crackling then it's a neat option I'm glad I happened to come along.
Sponsored

amyisquiet

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc1
Country flag
Hey everyone so anyone who has had a muffler delete for the civic noticed how the exhaust will crackle and pop when cruising and changing gears. That was my favorite part of the delete and I started looking into ways to make it more consistent and aggressive.

I was playing with the my hondata flash pro and I uploaded a +9 psi tune and after I had I noticed it was the popping and such was way more aggressive. I checked my tune and I realized I had forgotten to disable rev hang. Seems the revs holding a half second longer makes the cracks and pops way better IMO.

So I know rev hang fuggin sucks but if its something you don't mind having and want that more aggressive crackling then it's a neat option I'm glad I happened to come along.
Do not disable rae hang, will there be more pop?

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I had my share of crackle and pops on my 392 Charger with a mid muffler delete

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I can confirm keeping it on (with ktuner just turning on cruise control) makes significantly more pops and gurgles. I have cattless dp and greddy

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Go to 3500 RPM and keep tapping the throttle very lightly; around 2 times per second. All the way from 3500 to 3000 RPM, the exhaust will burble like crazy. Sounds just like fireworks. Obviously, not as loud though lol

OP
OP
Bosstrout

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Go to 3500 RPM and keep tapping the throttle very lightly; around 2 times per second. All the way from 3500 to 3000 RPM, the exhaust will burble like crazy. Sounds just like fireworks. Obviously, not as loud though lol
Definitely gonna try this

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Jeezus....kids these days

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I get dogged for this but I have the torque solutions blow off plate. It's fiesty as all get out and when it releases it certainly releases rich fuel for some good pops ... I am not getting anything close to a detonation bomb ... But ... This is the enhanced sound you are looking for!

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
I was hoping if I can find a tune with more crack and pops, it seems tsp stage 1 map 3 with sport mode has ever so slightly more pops and crackles.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's how you can get a single loud bang: Hover around 3K RPM in 4th or 5th gear, apply light throttle for 1-2 seconds, ease off, then reapply. Do it 5 to 6 times, and depending on how loud your exhaust setup is, and how hot your exhaust piping is at the time there will be a single POP! Mine can range between sounding like a baseball bat hitting a ball, to a low-level gunshot when the piping is sizzling!

Excellent party trick for car enthusiast passengers, or to whip back in shape a distracted motorist as you are passing them :D

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Here's how you can get a single loud bang: Hover around 3K RPM in 4th or 5th gear, apply light throttle for 1-2 seconds, ease off, then reapply. Do it 5 to 6 times, and depending on how loud your exhaust setup is, and how hot your exhaust piping is at the time there will be a single POP! Mine can range between sounding like a baseball bat hitting a ball, to a low-level gunshot when the piping is sizzling!

Excellent party trick for car enthusiast passengers, or to whip back in shape a distracted motorist as you are passing them :D
I HAVE to try this... To bad I'm stuck in class haha. Same with what waterudoing said as well...
Sponsored