David Scott

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe Energy Green 6MT
Country flag
I've had this happen many times in the 11 months I've had my car. It happened in July when I was at Mosport for the IMSA race. So, I've been 'rebooting' the car ever since. I did take it to the dealership once and they couldn't replicate the problem. Even though I took the car there with the problem. I told them to walk away and wait 20 minutes then try it. They played dumb. Now I have to do it every couple of months. Last week it happened again on the weekend. I rebooted it on Saturday and less than 24 hours later it happened again. This time I disconnected both terminals and wrapped them together with electrical tape. Hopefully this turns out better.
Sponsored

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I've had this happen many times in the 11 months I've had my car. It happened in July when I was at Mosport for the IMSA race. So, I've been 'rebooting' the car ever since. I did take it to the dealership once and they couldn't replicate the problem. Even though I took the car there with the problem. I told them to walk away and wait 20 minutes then try it. They played dumb. Now I have to do it every couple of months. Last week it happened again on the weekend. I rebooted it on Saturday and less than 24 hours later it happened again. This time I disconnected both terminals and wrapped them together with electrical tape. Hopefully this turns out better.
They replaced my BCM and it seemed to fix it, but now it’s returned, worse than ever before.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Yeah Im so tired of this thing...I will just get in my car before starting it and it just starts beeping like crazy for no reason..

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Im so tired of this thing...I will just get in my car before starting it and it just starts beeping like crazy for no reason..
Same. And sometimes the initial beep after closing the door works. Then I walk away and suddenly get the 5 beeps again. It’s like the car is taunting me.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 TL, 12 Civic, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
I get the same beeping when getting in the car and when exiting. I cannot figure out why it would be beeping when I am sitting in the driver's seat with the keys in my hand. Bottom line: it is a poorly designed system and it is doubtful if Honda will ever come up with a fix. After several contacts with Honda Canada, they concluded it was failing as designed - probably RF interference from something else or the keys on my keyring.

Only 24 more payments......

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get the same beeping when getting in the car and when exiting. I cannot figure out why it would be beeping when I am sitting in the driver's seat with the keys in my hand. Bottom line: it is a poorly designed system and it is doubtful if Honda will ever come up with a fix. After several contacts with Honda Canada, they concluded it was failing as designed - probably RF interference from something else or the keys on my keyring.

Only 24 more payments......
Yeah. They said that to me! “Oh make sure it’s not in your pocket.” I’m like “the fuck is the point of walkway locks then?!” And it still happens when I hold the fob in my hand, by the way.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I get the issue with multiple beeping as I walk away from the vehicle from time to time. I still love the feature though. One thing I noticed is if multiple people are getting out of the car, the driver needs to be the last person to leave in order for the feature to work properly.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get the issue with multiple beeping as I walk away from the vehicle from time to time. I still love the feature though. One thing I noticed is if multiple people are getting out of the car, the driver needs to be the last person to leave in order for the feature to work properly.
It happens to me constantly and I’m usually alone exiting the car.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It happens to me constantly and I’m usually alone exiting the car.
Me, too.

The keyless system was designed and produced by Continental, the rubber, automotive electronics, and storm door company. Honda should stay away from German vendors. You would think they learned their lesson with the ZF 9-speeed transmission in the TLX. The 9-speed thread on the Acurazine forum has over 200,000 views. Yikes!

andysh

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Touring
It seems like Honda's solution is to test it on other cars. If they can replicate it on other cars, then it's normal and no solution is needed. That's my experience with the dealership.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok , question... There was a service bulletin put out by Honda Canada,which means that U.S. Vehicles aren't affected ?
I have a ton of these issues, I'm in the U. S. ,but my coupe was made in Canada.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Old thread, I know.
I just found out about my "all windows down" feature, I have yet to try it (it's -25 degrees out today).

I've noticed that the walk-away feature doesn't work well if my FOB is in my jacket pocket but works OK if it's in my pants pocket.
It is almost 100% successful if I'm holding the fob in my hand.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That, and the lack of heat, are the most aggravating problems in our 2016 Civic.

I think the walk-away locking works on the 150 KHz frequency band and seems susceptible to interference. Exiting the car in slow motion and standing still when slamming the door shut seems to help. I'm usually several feet from the car when the door shuts and that results in stutter beeps.

Not sure if Honda/Continental improved the system in subsequent model years. The TSB for the updated body control module made little improvement for me.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Since this thread got bumped, I'll add my update.

The dealer where I bought the car from shrugged and said "it's how they work." After parking the car in the service entrance and having it beep at me, the service rep even said, "Well, it's beeping because the engine is still running," to which I reminded him that I parked it and turned the engine off. "Are you sure?" he said. Ok, fuck that guy.

Went to a second dealership and they listened to me. I also compiled a video of several instances of the walk-away feature malfunctioning. They replaced the Body Control Module (BCM) and I haven't had any problems since. It's probably been over two years now.

Kane301

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru STi Limited
Country flag
Since this thread got bumped, I'll add my update.

The dealer where I bought the car from shrugged and said "it's how they work." After parking the car in the service entrance and having it beep at me, the service rep even said, "Well, it's beeping because the engine is still running," to which I reminded him that I parked it and turned the engine off. "Are you sure?" he said. Ok, fuck that guy.

Went to a second dealership and they listened to me. I also compiled a video of several instances of the walk-away feature malfunctioning. They replaced the Body Control Module (BCM) and I haven't had any problems since. It's probably been over two years now.
Thanks for the update ??
Sponsored