Walk away lock feature problems

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Hopefully there's an update for this at some point. Might have something to do with the proximity sensor in the car or something. But it shouldn't work randomly...
Sponsored

msgill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
Hello to all,
I just bought my Honda Civic 2016 in December 2015. Recently I have started facing some trouble with the lock and unlock functions.Though this issue occurs randomly but it outbreaks the security features of the Car and i am really concerned about this and want to share this with all of you.
1.While i press the unlock button to open my car, all the 4 windows automatically comes down to 1/4th.
2.The same thing happened to me, when i locked the car today with all the 4 windows properly up and after 15-20 second i made a quick visit back to my car and i face the same thing,all the four windows were down exact to 1/4th.
3. Pendrive malfunctions. Every time i start up the car i have to reconnect the pendrive to car usb port because the system doesn't read the media inside it when the pendrive is altready connected.

Please leave a reply for the resolution or if anyone has faced the same problem

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Hello to all,
I just bought my Honda Civic 2016 in December 2015. Recently I have started facing some trouble with the lock and unlock functions.Though this issue occurs randomly but it outbreaks the security features of the Car and i am really concerned about this and want to share this with all of you.
1.While i press the unlock button to open my car, all the 4 windows automatically comes down to 1/4th.
2.The same thing happened to me, when i locked the car today with all the 4 windows properly up and after 15-20 second i made a quick visit back to my car and i face the same thing,all the four windows were down exact to 1/4th.
3. Pendrive malfunctions. Every time i start up the car i have to reconnect the pendrive to car usb port because the system doesn't read the media inside it when the pendrive is altready connected.

Please leave a reply for the resolution or if anyone has faced the same problem
You can press the unlock button twice and hold and your windows will go down. You can do the same thing with the lock button and they will go up. Perhaps you are doing that accidentally? If not, your remote is probably messed up. You could bring it to the dealer.

msgill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
You can press the unlock button twice and hold and your windows will go down. You can do the same thing with the lock button and they will go up. Perhaps you are doing that accidentally? If not, your remote is probably messed up. You could bring it to the dealer.
Any update for the usb drive function? I tried using various pendrives but the system doesn't recognize the device when i start up the car

jb2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
I have been experiencing problems with the walk away lock feature on my new Civic. It happens randomly. When I get out of the car, FOB is in my purse, the car does the long beep signaling that the FOB is still in the car. So the doors don't lock. I can use the FOB and lock the doors. Sometimes if I open the door or trunk a second time, then the auto lock works. No rhyme or reason. Anyone else having this issue?
I have the same issue. and today when I opened the door sat in the car before starting the alarm 5 consecutive beep beeps went off. I am in and out of my car alot and today it has beeped nearly 75% of the time and then the new issue when I am sitting in the car

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same issue. and today when I opened the door sat in the car before starting the alarm 5 consecutive beep beeps went off. I am in and out of my car alot and today it has beeped nearly 75% of the time and then the new issue when I am sitting in the car
Happens to me too, sometimes. I'm used to the occ. "LOOK AT ME, I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!1" string of beeps, but I find the one when I'm already in the car hilarious for some reason.

What usually works best for me is closing the door and waiting a second or so to turn around and begin walking away. I think if you're more than 6 feet or so out of range of the car it'll do the look-at-me beep.

genovanelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
I too have been having the intermittent beeping problem w/ the auto lock walk away feature. Have taken to the dealer 3 times! and it won't malfunction for them when in their shop so they do nothing. Or at least haven't adjusted/replaced/repaired anything. Fob's in my pocket, usually does the rapid beeping upon immediate exit. The feature does work correctly at times, but still malfunctions ca. 20% of the time. I'll try waiting by the car before moving away from the vehicle. But since it beeps immediately upon closing all the doors and when I'm near the car, I don't know how waiting near the car would make any difference?

Truckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I also have an issue with the automatic lock feature. About 80% of the time it doesn't work period....guess I should take it in to be looked at.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having this problem with auto lock. Brand new 2017 Touring Coupe. Discovered the problem when the salesman was showing me the features at delivery. Get out of the car and close the door, it beeps once, then quickly followed by 3 rapid beeps. Doesn't lock. The service manager tried to figure it out for an hour, then the sales manager fiddled with it too. Nothing. Never works. They tried on another Civic to see if they were doing it right and it works like a charm. I'm to bring it in next week to diagnose the problem.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I brought it in to the dealer yesterday for them to diagnose the problem. They kept it all day but still can't figure it out. Checked all the sensors, reset the system, nothing. They put in a call to Honda Canada tech support for guidance and hope to hear back from them today. Is this just something that is never going to work?

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
So I brought it in to the dealer yesterday for them to diagnose the problem. They kept it all day but still can't figure it out. Checked all the sensors, reset the system, nothing. They put in a call to Honda Canada tech support for guidance and hope to hear back from them today. Is this just something that is never going to work?
Have you checked in infotainment settings that it should be turn on to work. Good luck

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bet all of you having issues with walk away locking have your cell phone next to your fob. Put some distance between the two and I'd bet money all your issues go away.

That's how I fixed all the problems I had lol.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bet all of you having issues with walk away locking have your cell phone next to your fob. Put some distance between the two and I'd bet money all your issues go away.

That's how I fixed all the problems I had lol.
No, that is not the solution in my case. The solution is to wait for Honda to come up with something because it also does not work with 2 other 2017 Civic Coupe Tourings that my dealer tested. Auto lock does work with a 2017 EX-T sedan they tested. Apparently the control module in the 2017 Coupe Touring is unique from all other models (different part #), including the touring sedan.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Have
No, that is not the solution in my case. The solution is to wait for Honda to come up with something because it also does not work with 2 other 2017 Civic Coupe Tourings that my dealer tested. Auto lock does work with a 2017 EX-T sedan they tested. Apparently the control module in the 2017 Coupe Touring is unique from all other models (different part #), including the touring sedan.
Have you checked the settings already in the infotainment system that settings are on for auto walk away feature to work???
Sponsored