"Wake the Dragon" Tail of the Dragon Event Announcement + Ktuner V2 Raffle!

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
We are excited to support this event! Attendees can look forward to a door prize from us. :thumbsup:

I'd also like to take a moment to remind all those planning on attending to please make sure your brakes are in tip top shape before taking on the Dragon! Aftermarket brake upgrades are certainly helpful in situations like this but regardless of that:

Please make sure whatever your brake setup may be that your pads are in good condition, your fluid is bled well, ect. The Dragon will test many aspects of both your driving and your car and well maintained brakes are critical to safely enjoying world class roads such as these. :drive:

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
We are excited to support this event! Attendees can look forward to a door prize from us. :thumbsup:

Please make sure whatever your brake setup may be that your pads are in good condition, your fluid is bled well, ect. The Dragon will test many aspects of both your driving and your car and well maintained brakes are critical to safely enjoying world class roads such as these. :drive:
Slow is smooth, not a road to push your abilities

I see what your saying, but the initial pictures you posted are not of the (Tail of the Dragon,129,Deals Gap).

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Slow is smooth, not a road to push your abilities

I see what your saying, but the initial pictures you posted are not of the (Tail of the Dragon,129,Deals Gap).
These are the initial pictures, minus one.

Looks like a blast!

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
These are the initial pictures, minus one.

Looks like a blast!
Oh it is! Been there many times along with many other roads in that area. Mostly on my bikes. Done many tri/quad state routes. Even though I'm familiar with a lot of the roads out there I still don't push more than 80% skill. Have to leave plenty of room for error and unexpecteds. Best to run at night.

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag

I'd also like to take a moment to remind all those planning on attending to please make sure your brakes are in tip top shape before taking on the Dragon! Aftermarket brake upgrades are certainly helpful in situations like this but regardless of that:

Ugh... I know that smell! I've seen many cars with brakes like this all up and down our mountains in NC. The worst occurrences are near the major tourist attractions like Chimney Rock, Mt. Mitchell, the ski resorts and of course the Dragon. Engine Braking is your friend!!!

Let me add to this sentiment: Please make sure your tires are in the first 1/3 of their lifespan; and make sure those tires are at least as good (preferably better than) the stock rubber. I haven't experienced the brake ganja in any of my cars, but I nearly destroyed my 1988 300ZX having fun on US 19E because the tires were more than half through their life and physics wanted to teach me a lesson! The best brakes and best stopping ability on the planet won't matter if you don't have exceptional traction!

Oh it is! Been there many times along with many other roads in that area. Mostly on my bikes. Done many tri/quad state routes. Even though I'm familiar with a lot of the roads out there I still don't push more than 80% skill. Have to leave plenty of room for error and unexpecteds. Best to run at night.
Very true on not pushing and allowing for unexpecteds - especially with all the traffic that will be on the road (and debris that will also be on the road from the snow melt and early spring rains). It will be no time to show off. It will be a time to have a fun time and enjoy the impressive handling of our awesome cars!

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is anyone planning to bring their spouse? if so can they hangout with mine at the resort haha I know she is not going to want to do runs up and down the road all day

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Is anyone planning to bring their spouse? if so can they hangout with mine at the resort haha I know she is not going to want to do runs up and down the road all day
If I come the wife will definitely be with me. But she'll probably drive too.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Mine was going to come with me if I did it at first now she has decided if she is going to sit in a car with me cross country it's going to be for something we both want to do...