Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I just made my account here for this! My wife and I are making a trip to Gatlinburg for an extended weekend getaway. Being a former local to the area I searched for different events that will be happening while I was in the town. I am a new CTR owner as of this year and will be thrilled to see some others while I tear up the dragon.

One thing I would like to mention was that I happened across this event by accident. It would be very beneficial for the event planner to notify killboy of our attendance. They can update their website and Facebook page with our event. Killboy will also group all Civics together on their photo website. Therr is also a pride event running concurrent with this as well.

I signed up and paid registration fees. I won't be there all weekend but I will be there most of Friday and maybe some in Saturday. It was worth it for the T-shirt at minimum.
Glad you can join us! Here's some of the killboy photos from last years event. April 5th-7th 2019.
https://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=10403650
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for joining us some of the time Azov237 and for the news.

Iā€™m all about equality but hope we booked our event before the Pride one just so I can see how happy things get if thereā€™s a sign, ā€œAdditional Parking in Rearā€.

That camp may think there a pirate parade booked concurrently since it shows Type R!

Shiver me timbers...

Last edited:

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our Tail of the Dragon event starts on Friday, Apr 3rd, 2020.

Do hard-core Type R owners (just sigh Si owners) know the significance of this day? For starters, this is aka ā€˜All Drunks Dayā€™ when those passed out from festivities and excessive libations (possibly Mardi Gras partiers ā€˜round here) rise from the dead (smelling) and go around wishing everyone happy April Foolā€™s Day, proving theyā€™re are one. What else?

Itā€™s also the third anniversary of the Civic Type R 2017 record breaking lap at NĆ¼rburgring Nordschleife of 7:43.80. While other hot hatches have beaten it, there will surely be at least one three year old hot hatch at the event, produced that year.

I just want to say that although Iā€™m going, Iā€™m not that hot hatch guy, (girl, or lost Pride person).

Still have my natural hair, not a toupees.

(Tap-tap-tap) Is this thing on?

Be sure and tip your bartenders and waitresses who also have bills to pay.

Bill, your hairpiece is available for pick up at Registration.

Last edited:

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
Over double the speed limit on the skyway to me was beyond moderate.
There were some folks last year on the Skyway in our group I'd guess were hitting 80,90 or maybe more in the straight aways.
You were ahead of me..... They were zinging.
At on

There was fuel at the resort as well at an old filling station. Maybe someone can confirm whether they had 93. Their hours were a little hit or miss. The time I stopped it was a miss.
Fontana Resort only has "regular unleaded" at the gas station at the entrance to the resort.
The gas station as Deals Gap only has "regular unleaded".
If you need Super Unleaded then you'll want to fuel up on your way in.

Saturday after we drive the Dragon we'll LIKELY head to VENORE, TN area for lunch. There will be many gas stations there. Last year our group all stopped for gas after lunch.

Robinsville will have full selection of gas also.

Punkin Center Market (East of Dragon where you turn to Venore City) has 93 Octane and "100% non ethanol".
https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...8cc0c528bbf956a!8m2!3d35.566562!4d-84.0971567

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
There were some folks last year on the Skyway in our group I'd guess were hitting 80,90 or maybe more in the straight aways.
You were ahead of me..... They were zinging.
At on

Fontana Resort only has "regular unleaded" at the gas station at the entrance to the resort.
The gas station as Deals Gap only has "regular unleaded".
If you need Super Unleaded then you'll want to fuel up on your way in.

Saturday after we drive the Dragon we'll LIKELY head to VENORE, TN area for lunch. There will be many gas stations there. Last year our group all stopped for gas after lunch.

Robinsville will have full selection of gas also.

Punkin Center Market (East of Dragon where you turn to Venore City) has 93 Octane and "100% non ethanol".
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Punkin+Center+Market+/+Dragon+318/@35.5519693,-84.0765379,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x98cc0c528bbf956a!8m2!3d35.566562!4d-84.0971567
Just as a heads up, I know of a gas station near Maryville, TN that sells e85 if anyone needs it. In the past I filled up with e30 and was able to make a full day with a full tank. While I was not in an ethanol tuned civic, I was in a fiesta ST and I found the extra torque on an e30 blend to be almost overkill.

But if anyone needs it, I can point you that direction.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™m a 93ā€™er but plan B is reg and get a pint-a-moonshine...no, it goes in the gas tank. Shaken not stirred.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag

Cspeed

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Just joined the forum. Got my hatchback sport touring in December. Registered for the event this morning looking forward to it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2020 - Event & Registration Information **New dates Aug 21-23** 3A887E9C-7C24-4EDE-B75B-A4F49E5B27E0

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered up the 27WON big brake kit in orange for my 2020 FK7! letā€™s get some stopping power going!

Honda Civic 10th gen Wake the Dragon 2020 - Event & Registration Information **New dates Aug 21-23** 02CD1B2D-5C8F-4730-98C3-BFF8BE3D799C

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Iā€™m a 93ā€™er but plan B is reg and get a pint-a-moonshine...no, it goes in the gas tank. Shaken not stirred.
Anybody know where I can get a jar while I'm down there? It's for my liver, not my gas tank.

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody know where I can get a jar while I'm down there? It's for my liver, not my gas tank.
You would have to go to Knoxville as Knox county is the only "wet" county around. All other places are liquor by the drink and only served during certain times and in restaurants. Low ABV beer is sold in gas stations and cannot be sold cold in grocery stores. Things may have changed, but that's I remember it being. North Carolina is even more difficult with most counties around being completely dry.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
You would have to go to Knoxville as Knox county is the only "wet" county around. All other places are liquor by the drink and only served during certain times and in restaurants. Low ABV beer is sold in gas stations and cannot be sold cold in grocery stores. Things may have changed, but that's I remember it being. North Carolina is even more difficult with most counties around being completely dry.
There's an ABC in Andrews, and another in Bryson City, but I wasn't talking about the kind of liquor you pay a tax on. ;) If near-beer is all thats available thats fine. I don't intend on getting drunk. I don't want to be hung over for any morning runs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.