1. xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89 Senior Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    '11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
    #1 xjoshuax89, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    Less than 2 months til the CivicX Wake the Dragon 2019 event!!!

For the people in the D.C. MD and NoVA area, I am thinking we meetup and drive together.

Its about a 8-10 hours driving depending on how far you are coming from. So why not make it more enjoyable by riding down all together?

If you are interested in linking up to drive down together please leave a comment in the thread below.

This is something I am working on right now but currently I am thinking of this plan...

For the MD folks... 1st meet up spot.

6:00am - 6:30am Bethesda, MD meet up. We will be leaving NLT 6:35am

I am thinking for those in MD, we can link up near Bethesda. Montgomery Mall has a pretty decent sized parking lot that we could use to meetup and then drive down.

For VA folks... 1st meet up spot. Or for those that missed the 1st meet up spot.

8:30am - 9:00am New Market, VA meet up. We will be leaving NLT 9:05am

For those in NoVA, you can either make a brief drive up to link up there or meet us at the next link up location at New Market, VA at the rest stop.

This should put us around 12:00pm - 12:30pm when we hit Wytheville, VA where we can re-fuel, grab some lunch, rest a bit more then head down.

Leaving Wytheville, VA around 1:00pm - 1:30pm, we should hit the resort to check in at Fontana Dam, NC around 5:00pm - 5:30pm.

All times may be moved up by about 30 minutes. The reason for early departure is to ensure we get through the beginning roads of the "Dragon" before it gets dark.

Any questions, you can shoot me a message here on the forums, leave a comment here, or shoot me a DM on IG: @that_pmm_fk7

VidaDeX and 360glitch thanked this.
  2. Nanook

Nanook Senior Member

First Name:
    JP
    Car(s):
    2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
    I would like to meet up. I plan on leaving Thursday. So I’m assuming this schedule reflects that. I will meet you guys in Wythville.

3. OP
    xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89 Senior Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    '11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
    #3 xjoshuax89, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Nah, this is Friday. The event doesn't start til Friday afternoon so we are leaving the day of.

Edit: Yeah the main event doesn't start til really Friday afternoon.

4. Nanook

Nanook Senior Member

First Name:
    JP
    Car(s):
    2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
    Ah. Okay. There is a short drive Thursday night and a different route Friday morning. I’m heading down Thursday for those things. Dang. Was hoping to go with a group down.