Waiting list

sml2727

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
I went to a Honda dealership that showed that they had a CTR in stock and well they did have one but it was spoken for, it was a black one that 2 other guys passed on because they wanted other colors, so the salesman told me that Honda does not notify them when and what color CTR is coming, they get what they get and that the probably wont get another one in for at least a YEAR!!! Is this the same everywhere else? I dont blame those other 2 guys for passing on it, black is such a hard color to keep clean,but to have to wait another year sucks, luckily there are 6 more Honda dealerships in the Pittsburgh area so chances are more will come.

I must say it was sexy as hell, and to see it in person is better than the stuff you see online.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I am 3rd on the list for a MY18 (@MSRP) at a smaller volume dealership. I was told it could be next November before it could come in. I really don't mind the wait. Allows me to save to potentially pay cash.

I am also 9th at another MSRP dealership.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Depends where you live.. where i live both honda dealers only got 1 this year, and looks like from what people have posted of builddates/etas there wont be another in the city im at till next june

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Damn that sucks..
I can just go to the dealership, order one in the color and trim I want and it will be delivered in about 2 months.
Now if only I could decide on which color I want :confused:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si
I went to a Honda dealership that showed that they had a CTR in stock and well they did have one but it was spoken for, it was a black one that 2 other guys passed on because they wanted other colors, so the salesman told me that Honda does not notify them when and what color CTR is coming, they get what they get and that the probably wont get another one in for at least a YEAR!!! Is this the same everywhere else? I dont blame those other 2 guys for passing on it, black is such a hard color to keep clean,but to have to wait another year sucks, luckily there are 6 more Honda dealerships in the Pittsburgh area so chances are more will come.

I must say it was sexy as hell, and to see it in person is better than the stuff you see online.
What dealership were you looking at, Rohrich? I am in the Pittsburgh area as well and had been in the hunt for a while. I currently have a deposit on a 18MY in CW that shows up as on order in Honda's system and it supposed to come in January/ February time frame. The wait is a killer...

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

Out here in So Cal we just had a dealer get 3 dropped off, plenty have 2 on the lot. They are FOS, wait until the first snowstorm and then go buy one.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I used to work at a honda dealer as a salesman. We were allocated only 1 for the year because we were low volume dealer and didnt have a say in the color. I think this shipment in October is the last wave for 2017 models.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
I used to work at a honda dealer as a salesman. We were allocated only 1 for the year because we were low volume dealer and didnt have a say in the color. I think this shipment in October is the last wave for 2017 models.
its the last wave , i have the option to buy at msrp for one coming in a few days. I am passing because it too late in the game to buy any car right now at msrp . This isnt a lambo. I can wait until 2018 when my car comes it will be spring anyway and most dealers should be getting 3+ next year. Remember the car was released in june 2017 and its only been 4 months and honda was able to push out a ton of CTRs. I would not be surprised most larger dealers will have 4-5+ CTR by next june have arrived and sold

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I'm waiting until 2018, as well. Luckily, there are a couple of high-volume dealers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area since we're such a huge metropolis. But I absolutely refuse to budget off MSRP so I may be out of luck even then.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
I'm waiting until 2018, as well. Luckily, there are a couple of high-volume dealers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area since we're such a huge metropolis. But I absolutely refuse to budget off MSRP so I may be out of luck even then.
put a deposit in if you can at msrp. if you cant call around all your neighboring states and if you have to drive 500-700 miles do it or buy a plane ticket.
The most you should pay is 2k over MSRP and that should include

clear bra, side mirrors protected as well
tint,
lighting illumination
cargo tray
red shift knob
lighted sill plates

my dealer said i could get these for easily 1500.00

i have had the option to buy a red one and now a PMM . I want black dammit.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
put a deposit in if you can at msrp. if you cant call around all your neighboring states and if you have to drive 500-700 miles do it or buy a plane ticket.
The most you should pay is 2k over MSRP and that should include

clear bra, side mirrors protected as well
tint,
lighting illumination
cargo tray
red shift knob
lighted sill plates

my dealer said i could get these for easily 1500.00

i have had the option to buy a red one and now a PMM . I want black dammit.
Funny enough, my local dealer offered me a red 2nd wave allocation that's coming in November for $2k over. Had to buy tint, cargo tray, all-weather floor mats, and wheel locks. Came out to $39,7xx out the door. Cheapest offer I could find. There're two dealerships in the area I've yet to check out that did MSRP + accessories on initial allocations and I'm going to check tomorrow with them to see about locking down a 2018. Unfortunately, all car dealerships in Texas are required to close on Sundays (or Saturdays if not Sunday) otherwise I'd be doing this today. I'm willing to (grudgingly) do $1000 over to save the hassle of going outside my area so hopefully something works out. Max budget is ~$38k OTD.

OP
OP

sml2727

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
What dealership were you looking at, Rohrich? I am in the Pittsburgh area as well and had been in the hunt for a while. I currently have a deposit on a 18MY in CW that shows up as on order in Honda's system and it supposed to come in January/ February time frame. The wait is a killer...
This was Baierl Honda in Wexford.

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LR AWD Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I was #6 on the list, I put in a $500 deposit back mid-2017, and I just got my CTR a couple weeks ago at MSRP with no accessories. I wish they would have offered accesories, becuase I would have gotten new floor mats, cargo tray and maybe more. :)

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny enough, my local dealer offered me a red 2nd wave allocation that's coming in November for $2k over. Had to buy tint, cargo tray, all-weather floor mats, and wheel locks. Came out to $39,7xx out the door. Cheapest offer I could find. There're two dealerships in the area I've yet to check out that did MSRP + accessories on initial allocations and I'm going to check tomorrow with them to see about locking down a 2018. Unfortunately, all car dealerships in Texas are required to close on Sundays (or Saturdays if not Sunday) otherwise I'd be doing this today. I'm willing to (grudgingly) do $1000 over to save the hassle of going outside my area so hopefully something works out. Max budget is ~$38k OTD.
I'm getting a white one from Huggins Honda in November for MSRP plus $1,800 in accessories. Other than Classic Honda (heard they sold their one and only for $33,000), Huggins is the best deal in the area. Everybody else was asking at least $5,000 over.
Sponsored