VTEC Academy has their hands on the new Si Engine (L15B7)!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Oh, regarding the actual topic at hand...the engine is out in the wild and being used currently. HPD/Shea Racing just ran the engine at 25 hours of thunderhill where it performed great under the most rigorous of demands in near factory form. It will also be used in the Pirelli World Challenge this year.

Look up Honda Racing/HPD on Facebook and you will find some info. You can also look at the Shea Racing website for a few details.

http://shearacing.com/2016/12/ogorm...world-challenge-race-team-shea-racing-effort/
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
My sport hatchback has the L15B7 engine though...so how can this be an Si engine?
Hatchback is L15BA. I've stumbled upon L15BB maybe this will be the civic si engine code. WHo knows. Like I said no one really knows, just gotta wait till Honda officially reveals the production model and all the specs.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh, regarding the actual topic at hand...the engine is out in the wild and being used currently. HPD/Shea Racing just ran the engine at 25 hours of thunderhill where it performed great under the most rigorous of demands in near factory form. It will also be used in the Pirelli World Challenge this year.

Look up Honda Racing/HPD on Facebook and you will find some info. You can also look at the Shea Racing website for a few details.

http://shearacing.com/2016/12/ogorm...world-challenge-race-team-shea-racing-effort/
Shawn Church helped tune that car with Hondata a while back. I don't think it has the "production" Si powertrain (but should be very close in specs). I'll ask him when I get a chance.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
The SI's engine code will be Honda L13D2U.
You are going to make a statement like that and not back it up with a source? Not buying it. No one knows shit about it. Tired of people making assumptions based off nothing.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lmao wow. Just caught that. :D But for real though with some people's assumptions..
I don't post anything with information unless I can link it to a reputable website. I keep looking at postings of the current engine code, L15b7, and couldn't help myself. Hahaha

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
I don't post anything with information unless I can link it to a reputable website. I keep looking at postings of the current engine code, L15b7, and couldn't help myself. Hahaha
The moment I saw "13" and knew it isn't 1.3L I went nope, let me re-read this, ahh. Lol.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Actually, quite a good video for those wanting to deconstruct the 1.5. Though he failed to mention that the CRV's variant runs a larger IC/intake resonator to better match the flow of the turbo.

brianathasport

Hasport Dude
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R, 88 CRX, 94 Civic Hatch, 04 RSX, 06 Ridgeline, 11 CRZ, multiple Insights
Vehicle Showcase
We'll be grabbing an Accord or CRV L15 in the future as soon as we can find one in a salvage yard.
Sponsored